Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Looking for a hunting club in va

Old 02-06-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Looking for a hunting club in va

I'm Ret. Navy, moved to Orange Co Va 1.5 yrs ago. Found it very hard to find any one that was willing to let you hunt on there land. I finaly did make it hunting with a freind from work who had permition to hunt on some mountain propety in Green county Va. Killed a spike and a Beautifull 10 pntr, 190ish#. I'm looking for a Hunting club in the area this year so I wont be so stressed to find some where to hunt on my days off in the middle of the week as well as some weekends. If any one out there is looking for another responsible hunter for your club, Please let me know the deailes..dues cost, location ect..
Bryan
Old 02-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Looking for a hunting club in va

Deer Meat...

Retired Navy? Hey now that is cool... I'm retired Coast Guard (YN1, E-6, retired 1996). Hunting in Virginia is tough to do on private land, as you have found out. Hunt clubs are very hush-hush and almost secretive and some have absolutely no openings and are "booked up" probably for the next 10-15 years. [&o]

The only suggestion is to send a PM to VAHEADHUNTER. He has a club and is looking at getting a bunch of us involved to be part of it, which if you ask me, is a dream come true!

Welcome aboard!

Butch A.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:35 PM

ButchA hows it going. After I got your resonse yesterday evening I tried to PM VaHead Hunter but each time the microsoft program in my pc kicked me off the web site and shut down my pc. dont know why. Could you fwrd me any info on the hunting club, cost, hunting location,#of Members...ect Apprecieate you help

Thanks Bryan
Old 02-19-2005, 05:42 PM

I dont know where Orange is but our club is looking to take on new members. Our meeting are held in Deep Creek. The hunt club its self is out side Emporia. The club House is large, has walk in kitchen,running water ,electricty.Full bathroom with shower and hot and cold running water. There are not a lot of memebers now 50 or 60 tops. The yearly fee is low and can be broke up in 3 payments. For more info drop me an email at [email protected] i will give you the phone number to call and talk to the president of the club. The drive from where I live is only about 1 hour 45 minutes. I injoy driving up in the mornings as I can count the deer as im driveing down 58. There are plenty of bunks to sleep in also.If you have a trailer there is also room around the property to put a trailer.