Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Farms for sale?

Old 11-25-2004, 06:41 PM

Default Farms for sale?

Hey, is there anyone who knows of a farm for sale in the Richmond, Essex,Caroline, King and Queen county area of Virginia? Would like to stay within 2 hrs, of the potomac river bridge, but would buy a little farther away. We are willing to pay a finders fee if you can help negotiate a good deal. We're not interested in making a housing development, just looking for a good farm and a good place to hunt. If you can help, or know of a good deal, please let me know. Might be willing to share some hunting rights to the right person. Thanks,
Joe
Old 11-28-2004, 06:58 PM

Default RE: Farms for sale?

how many acres are you looking ? and what price range?
Old 11-28-2004, 06:59 PM

also what kind of land farms, mainly big woods , pines?
Old 11-28-2004, 07:58 PM

Hey deerdogva,
thanks for the response. Alot of my friends there say $1200 to $1500 per acre is a fair price for farm land in that area, but there is none to be found. I'd pay whatever it takes to get a decent hunting property around essex county. I would like to get something with some fields/woods, 50=50, but can't find any. Do you know of any? What do you think it's worth. I'm trying to get some paper company property now, but it's tough to get the property managers to put your bid in to the company. I think they are afraid of loosing the propety management money. what do you think, I appreciate your thoughts.
Joe,
[email protected]
Old 11-29-2004, 08:46 AM

okay i understand that, but how many acres that is the key. I know of farms that are as big as 3,000 acres or as small as 40 acres just seeing for about what you are looking for. I don't know if you'll find any farm land that cheap , land is going up and fast and its hard to find anything for under 1500 an acre you might find some but just might not be in the places that you have suggested. Just let me know how many acres you would like and will go from there.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:04 PM

Try the United County realestate site. It is tops for finding rural land. They don't have everything in their database, but they are big enough to give you an idea of what is out there and they are very helpful if you just call them or email a local office.

http://www.unitedcountry.com/virginia.htm

Chubber
Old 12-02-2004, 10:45 PM

how many acres are you looking for?
Old 12-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whoa.... land costs that much?!? [&:][] Pardon my ignorance, as I don't own any acres of land or farms or anything like that. It's good to know though, in the event I ever win the VA Lottery!

Butch A.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

I looked at that website, way over priced

It's easier to just ask around, you can get good deals on land. or put up a few signs on a board in a store (wal-mart) that you are looking for some farm/hunting land