Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

WARNING MISSING KY HUNTERS

Old 11-23-2004, 01:55 PM

Default WARNING MISSING KY HUNTERS

Buckwilld224, T/Cfan, twofeathers, bowtechshooter86, Ky RidgeRunner, Coyotehuntingaddict, Kybucgrunter, and bahouse3 haven't checked in to acknowledge the bruiser I took. The only explaination is that they are wondering about the woods seeking large racked whitetails to try and put me to shame. I wish them the best of luck and hope for their safe return. If you encounter one of them be cautious, they may be bleary eyed from a week without sleep and not recognize you even if you know them. Tempt them with a warm meal and some KY Spirits and they may come out of the tree.

Old 11-23-2004, 08:27 PM

Default RE: WARNING MISSING KY HUNTERS

Ok, damn nice buck! congrats to you.
Yea I have been chasing them hard. I got a nice 8 point double drop that I have seen 9 times so far but since I only bowhunt and the closest he has got to me is 50 yards I am still waiting.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:44 AM

Kudos to you for being a bowhunter only. I wish I had the time to Bowhunt the way I used to. With travel for work and a pregnant wife and a 3 yr old boy and a house to finish remodeling my time afield is limited. Bowhunting is definitely the ultimate way to get the entire up close and personal experience with Whitetail. I commend you and sincerely hope you post a picture of that nice Buck you've been seeing. I've never taken a drop tine Buck and am envious that you may get the chance. May your scent never reach the ground and your arrow fly true. GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry for being a "no-show" roost em. But between sitting onstand and eating turkey at 5 different houses, I've not had much time get around here. For the record, that is a fine buck and congrats!!! As for me, my season hasn't been too good. I did manage one decent doe for the freezer, but thats been it so far. Opening morning, I passed on a couple of bucks. One was a forkhorn and the other was a mature spike. I probably should have taken the spike just to get his genes out of the herd, but I hated to give up my buck tag so early. Anyway, there's still plenty of bowseason left and another week of BP, so I'll see what happens then. Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:47 AM

how big a spread did that deer have? It has a nice spread and looks like it had one heck of a body on it 2. Nice buck and congrats....as for me i got a six pointer opening day...it was a pretty good six i'm still waitin to get the pics back to post them but i'll share. congrats to u roostem
Old 11-30-2004, 09:08 AM

23 1/2" on the inside, 24 1/2" on the outside. Probably 200+ dressed but I didn't weigh him. Biggest one I've taken. Way over 200 on the hoof, huge belly. Looking forward to your pics buckwild!