Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

petition to stop road hunting in virginia

Old 01-07-2005, 12:12 PM

Default RE: petition to stop road hunting in virginia

the only problem there is that they are technically allowed to come on your land to fetch dogs as long as they dont have a gun even if your posted because the law looks at since dogs cant read then tresspassing does not apply to them. a crap law i know but thats the way it is and that was told to me straight by the game wardens and i have a buddy who i hunt with that is a game warden for my area and he said the same thing. plus the other game wardens in my area are kinda upset with me cause i wouldnt let them put mechanical deer on my property to catch spotlighters. even though i dont agree with it im still not going to help bust people by providing land to do so. the dog issue isnt a real big problem for me although it does occur i just dont want any problems out there and see the whole reason in a nutshell that i get mad is the simple fact that i spend all year litarally deer hunting. during the spring i check for sheds and scout, during the summer i video and scout and during the fall i harvest deer so i basically live the whole year deer hunting on my free time so i get kinda mad when a group can come in and just jump everything up and screw all that work up for me. but like i said i only care about my land i could care less what they do on the land they hunt but when it directlly affects me yea i get pissed. and also there are times i have young people hunting with me or with their parents cause my land is perfect for giving them a great chance at a great hunting experience and i dont want anything to happen so safety is always first on my mind and the deer are second.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

the whole reason in a nutshell that i get mad is the simple fact that i spend all year litarally deer hunting. during the spring i check for sheds and scout, during the summer i video and scout and during the fall i harvest deer so i basically live the whole year deer hunting on my free time so i get kinda mad when a group can come in and just jump everything up and screw all that work up for me. but like i said i only care about my land i could care less what they do on the land they hunt but when it directlly affects me yea i get pissed. and also there are times i have young people hunting with me or with their parents cause my land is perfect for giving them a great chance at a great hunting experience and i dont want anything to happen so safety is always first on my mind and the deer are second.
I couldn't agree with you more there. It doesn't bother me that people dog hunt. I really don't like what it does to the deer hunting in the area but it's there prerogative and I don't want them forcing their views down my throat but it's a whole new ball game when it comes to your land starts affecting your hunting, that they don't have the right to do. It's a conundrum.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:12 PM

youve got that right. i agree 100%
Old 01-17-2005, 07:48 PM

I appreciate everyone's reply. I don't want anyone to think I'm against hunting or against dog hunting at all, I'm just one person who is totally disgusted with vdgif, I guess. There is no game warden in essex county virginia, seems there hasn't been one for the last 4 years, that information came directly from vdgif. Where the hell has all of my taxes been going? I shouldn't be out on saturday doing their job for them, and I really am concerned something like what happened in wisconsin could happen on my farm. In our county, one kid shot another hunter with buckshot this year, thought he was a deer. Hear that one before? Suppose he was on the road, a blind curve none the less, with a carload of kids coming around the turn. How safe would hunting be from PETA then? I really think vdgif neglects the law so they can profit when accidents occur. More problems that occur, more government funds seem to become available. I just hope you and I are not part of the statistics.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:41 PM

i think we are pretty safe from peta. they have tried for years to stop it and cant. but i guess the only thing we can do is hunt they way we are and keep doing what were doing. i know this if i have people on my property that dont belong i have no question that they will leave. but as far as road hunting i dont think it will be allowed for long. there are too many people against it then for it.