Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia ban hunting with dogs PETITION

Old 12-29-2004, 08:02 PM

Default RE: Virginia ban hunting with dogs PETITION

i agree with you there doghunter and to those who say the 100yard rule so that innocent women and children are safe? think about it. every rifle sold can and will shoot alot further than 100 yards so what it boiuls down to is responsibility of the hunter. and yes if a kid gets shot by a stray bullet they will call it a hunting accident and then there will be reprocussions as well as there should be but remember there is no such thing as a hunting accident. i hate using that term. if your safe then there wont be any problems point blank and you cant take dog hunting away without taking bow hunting or rifle hunting also. its hunting. dogs have been used for years and it is just another way to hunt. why not outlaw hunting rabbits with dogs or i know lets outlaw the duck hunters from using a dog to fetch birds. dogs are used to flush birds and noone has a problem with it so why cant they hunt deer with them? ill tell you what it is. its people that are intimidated by seeing dog hunters cause they think all of them are reckless. some are but you have reckless still hunters also and uneducated in the feild of hunting people are the ones that shoot into moving bushes and shoot at other hunters not your dog hunters. now i know there are dog hunters that have shot aimlessly and im trying to see both sides but im a dedicated hunter and i believe in keeping our oldest sport and pastime going. thats just what i think about the subject. thats why im glad we have a redneck republican as our president. he may not be the smartest but at least he sticks to what he believes in and preserving our right to hunt is one of those things