Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Oklahoma Rut

Old 11-05-2004, 10:33 AM

Default Oklahoma Rut

Hey Okies........Has the rut started in your area yet? North, South, East, or West?
Old 11-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Oklahoma Rut

I believe they are starting here. I hunt about 40 minutes west of OKC. I saw two different bucks chasing does yesterday on Fort Reno (federal land). I also got a pic of about a 135" 8 point on my game cam earlier in the week. I have never seen him before and the picture was taken at 1 pm. That tells me he might have been after a doe during the middle of the day. The next two weeks should be prime.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Seems like they started Monday morning at 8 AM as a normal work day. Hunted everyday of ML season and saw nothing to indicate the rut had started. I'm 75 miles SW of OKC. Now all heck breaks loose with the chase. I'll be in a tree in the morning.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:26 PM

yea down here theyve started i live about thirty minutes from muskogee. i muzzloader i shot a sixpoint that was chasing a doe. so how are yall doin this season.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

With this cold weather coming in, it should get those guys going. I guess all we have to do is get out there and see.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

They were definately going balls to the wall this weekend./ I saw a ton of deer, bucks and does both. Everyone of my buddies I talked to said the same. I saw a good shooter 30 yards and couldn't get a shot. I have him on game cam. He is a clean 8 that is tall and narrow, I think he would push pope and young. He wasn't the big boy I got on cam though, still waiting for him. Sure wish I could have gotten a good shot at him. Oh well, that's hunting. Buddy of mine shot a good 8 that will go about 130" sat. evening in Hinton. First weekend of gun season should catch the tail end of the rut in my area. How is everyone else doing in the state?
Old 11-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

I have not seen any sign of the rut going on!!! I watched two buck for over an hour Sat am and the only thing the were interested in was wheat pasture. There were does not 50 yards to the south of them and they never even looked at them. This morning I shot a management buck that had an 8 pt with him and they were doing the same, walking in the woods feeding on acorns. Never saw any does this morning. i watched the wheat feilds this pm and watched a 7 pt walk thru a group of does and never got off his original path that was strait to my corn feeder.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:21 PM

I hunt by heyburn lake and have seen does four different groups with not a buck even close to them and the bucks that i have seen are still teamed up maybe it will change soon
Old 12-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys I hunt in Calumet and haven't seen the bucks with the doe.... I have seen several groups of doe, but the bucks aren't anywhere to be found... And when I do see the bucks they are just grazing on the wheat with other bucks. Kinda weird because when I see bucks around Minco they are with the doe.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

buckmasterflex: where are you from. I live north of calumet. Millertime has roots here in calumet also

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Rut

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.