Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA hunting club

Old 03-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VA hunting club

Yeah just a few on that property, But across the street we ran across a slock of them long beardsssssssssssssssss....lol I bet we can hunt that if it's not developed yet..lol
Old 03-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey, I'm all for a gobbler hunting get-together. I'm going to start doing some serious scouting Saturday and Sunday at the Phelps and Thompson WMAs.

I hunted Phelps last year (my first gobbler season) but didn't see one single turkey. I know they're out there (found a wing feather on my way to a parking area once), but I really blew it on scouting. Definitely learned my lesson since then. I've got about all of the theory I possibly could, so now I'm trying to put it work in the field.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

I see there is an interest in this spring gobbler hunt... I am all for it... Like I said I might be able to get a small group of us onto some private land. I will try to find out this weekend.

I probably wont be able to do too much long beard hunting seeing as I am getting ready to break ground or should I say tear down then break groung on a 2500 sf addition to the house. I need to have it done before bow season LOL... I am wondering how many of you all I can trick in lending a hand when it comes to some of the bigger parts of the projects... you know I have been known to wave sinful quanities of beer at people with out shame to get some help from time to time lol... and seeing as the only thing I am subbing out is block work for the foundation and to raise the existing chimney I have a little project. On top of replacing a deck and building a 18 x16 out building for my parents thrown in there lol
Old 03-19-2005, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Eng,

You should know there's no worries in getting help from me, it appears we are talking a few kegs of beer here...lol especially doing this during the summer blistering months...lmao

As for the spring gobbler, I already have my spot picked out on that property. I'm sneaking across the road where we ran into that flock of long beards.. hehe I'm sure to harvest one there if I'm not caught...lmao
Old 03-23-2005, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

All right Va I will hold you to that...We actually are working up a new set of plans and thinking about going ahead and ubilding the addition on a basement instead of a crawlspace, which will mean it will something like a 3600sf addition depending on what we decide!! lol

I am hoping she keeps changing her mind until atleast one or two days in the turkey woods then I will be ready to get started on the addidtion, espically since deer season is on its way!!!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

UPDATE ON CLUB..... In addition to the approx 1000 ac. that I have a tennative lease on I also have a hold on a farm that is around 600 if I understood the old guy riight. I will know more in the next week or so.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Eng, VASavage, etc....

What is the latest word on the VA hunting club? I'm curious. What happend to VA Head Hunter's plans for a club? Again, I'm curious....

Butch A.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

TTT. (to the top)

What's up VA hunters?

Butch A.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:46 PM

I'm with you ButchA, no info in several months, Any one out there talked with VA HEADHUNTER lately.. is any one of there a member of the Unionville (VA) hunt club?please PM me with a ph# thanks, Bryan
Old 05-20-2005, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Butch,

I haven't heard from Eng in a while, last we spoke he was trying to finalize a few properties.

As for the other club info. that was brought on by VAHunter, not a word or status!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: VA hunting club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.