Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA hunting club

Old 12-22-2004, 08:28 PM

Default RE: VA hunting club

Chris,

I sent you a PM with my cell and work numbers and my e-mail address so you can forward any info to me...I am interested! Thanks.

-Warren
Old 12-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Well Well, Finally someone else has been looking...Congrats!!1

Include me in with all your plans etc. 571-264-5360 Eng that's my new cell office line is 703-583-8216.

Butch how's life?, too everyone else I hope you've had a good season.

I'm very interested in the club, as me and a few others did a lot of foot work etc. previous seasons trying to obtain land and were serious about starting a particular club. Chris since you have the land in process please consider myself, Eng, Butch and various others whom waited a graceful period of time for this to come to reality.

Happy Holidays to All!!! [email protected]
Old 12-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: VaSavage270
Butch how's life?, too everyone else I hope you've had a good season.
Hey there.... Things have been going pretty good so far. I haven't scored on a deer yet, but at least I have been seeing more than I usually do - which tells me I'm doing something right! ha ha ha... [8D]

I really like the new plans for a club! It's like what we've tried to do and/or planned on trying to do, but never got the land.

Butch A.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:47 PM

JUST AN UPDATE ON THE CLUB SITUATION
good news and bad news. the good news is it looks like we are going to get this going. the bad news for some is that it will be without the use of dogs. i have to carry insurance and i am not going to be able to afford the insurance for that kind of hunting unless i raise fees by more than half and that would be no good so as far as this is going to go there will be no dogs. but that will be better anyways as far as management of the wildlife so for those that have contacted me and have shown intrest it looks like we are going to have a great bunch next year and i look forward to hunting with all of you.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

I am in North Stafford also and would be very intrested, I primarily bow hunt, but have been known to gun hunt a day or two. Hard to go gun hunt when I usually score on 7 deer or better with my bow year after year.
I too believe in management. The does have to be reduced, and the young buck must be left alone.
Are you concidering a point restriction or a spread restriction or both?

I worked for a hunting program on a military base (local) for 9 years and have some research data if you need it.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:45 PM

No dogs is not an issue for me, Chris. I'm still down
Old 01-03-2005, 05:58 PM

Chris,

I'm interested in gathering information on your hunt club effort with an eye toward joining. Can you please contact me at your leisure during evening hours (after 7:00 PM). Thanks,

Kemp Lear
540 786-6516
Old 01-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Happy New Year's To All,

Chris,

Have you gotten all the information for reviewing of club bylaws etc., also the status point of origin as to total expenses to members?

I know your giving this due diligence as you prepare all the necessary documentation needed to make this successful and benefical to all parties. If you need any assistance do not hesitate to contact me in any regards.

David
Old 01-03-2005, 08:27 PM

ok just to keep everyone informed things are looking good and everything looks good with the insurance and everything else. as far as rules for the club. the rules are basically going to be common sence. everyone who pays a membership should treat the land as if it was your own. so that means of course you wouldnt leave trash, tear the place up, shoot at barns, shoot livestock, vandalism etc. you know the common sense things. i dont want to have to babysit or police anybody and i dont think anyone wants me to. i just want serious hunters who respect the management aspect of the club. im not putting in place a size limit on bucks cause i dont want to have to watch over people. i want you guys to police yourselves. if you have doubt of the buck then dont shoot it. if your hunting with your kids and its a first time deer then let them experience the harvest. but remember these leases are 5 year leases and we already have quality deer on the land and it is up to us to maintain that and manage that accordingly. i know there are some people upset with me about me not doing the dog thing cause some of you have called me and voiced your oppinions but as far as insurance and liability goes im just not going to do it cause i dont think its fair for everyone to have to pay big bucks to cover the cost especially since the majority of people really would rather still hunt then run dogs and i think its the best way to manage the deer by not running dogs. again i apoligize. i am really excited after talking to alot of you on the phone of the guys intrested in this club. all of you show the same desires as i do about doing this the right way and to be honest i was not expecting it. this is going to be a club of safety first and hunting second and i feel really good about those i have talked to. i will keep you posted as i get info in and then we can all meet up and you can look at the land and we can start taking dues and get this show on the road. now as far as dues its looking like the cost is going to be 350.00 to 400.00 a year. and i cant wait for the 2005 season and hunting with each and every one of you.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:44 AM
Fork Horn

Chris,

I have been trying to get ahold of you in regards to your offer give me a call asap thanks

Justin

540-764-2734

Quick Reply: VA hunting club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.