Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

New kid on the block

Old 03-07-2004, 11:01 AM

Default New kid on the block

Hello fellow hunters.I have recently moved to Texas,as a resident,from Asia.I have been hunting since childhood and have hunted in Africa,India and Pakistan.Guns,reloading and hunting are my only hobbies and i plan to pursue these in my new area of residence.I look forward to interesting discuusions and advice from you all.
Best regards.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New kid on the block

Hello Sherkhan im not from the south, but i read all over.
Welcome& hope you like your new home.
Good luck hunting.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome from the east coast.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:30 AM

welcome aboard ; just jump in any time you feel the need.There are a lot of good hunters here with a world of advise.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:50 AM

Welcome to Texas and to the boards!
Old 03-08-2004, 10:04 AM

Thanks all of you for the welcome.I am just beggining to settle down and have not yet considered which guns to buy.Back home i had some real good ones like the Beretta AL391 Eurika,an O/U in Beretta 682 and an Aya 1(PAIR).In rifles i had the 243,270,7mm.mag.and the 22.most were Steyr Manlichers and one Winchester.I had to sell all of them as i could not bring them over with me and therefore have to make a fresh start here.
Need advice as to which calibers to buy for whitetail,grizzly and all other American game.Can afford to buy maybe 3 rifles and 2 shotguns.As far as handguns are concerned i had a CZ 75 in 9mm.and aColt Python in 357mag.but handguns are not on my priority list right now.
Regarding reloading equipment i had a Lyman TMag.press and practically everything else related to reloading.Since ammo is not to expensive here maybe i can do away with reloading for a while but will definately start later on .It's a wonderful past time and a passport to accurate shooting.
Once again thanks and awaiting your advice.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I only hunt whitetail and my rifles are .308 Savage, .270 Stevens, and .300 winchester.
Shotguns are Wincester 1300 Ranger 12ga and 20 ga.
I also have a Rem. .22 and Rem. .50cal muzzle-loader.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Sherkhan
What parts of Texas did you move too. Im in North West Texas. If you like hogs, your going to love Texas.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Dominant Buck

You ask what is a good gun for American animals. Well we dont have many monsters here, Moose and Bear is about as big as they come. the 300s are good all around, yet sometime a little big for whitetail.
30-06, 270, 308 are good for most anything you will see here. I tend to use my 30-06 most of the time. I recently got a 300win for elk and bear.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:59 AM

I'm close to Dallas.Coppell to be exact,but i might be moving on to Plano in the next couple of months.I like hogs but only for hunting.I hear Texas also has some huge whitetails and in New Mexico a good population of proghorns,that i'm sure should be good hunting.

Quick Reply: New kid on the block

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.