Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Sunday hunting petition

Old 10-28-2003, 06:32 PM

Default Virginia Sunday hunting petition

Hello all Virginia hunters!
If you or anyone you know would be interested is signing a petition to try and reverse the long outdated Virginia Sunday hunting ban, it can be found and signed at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/SHV/petition.html

Please pass this info on to anyone you think would be interested in signing! Thanks and good luck in the woods!

Old 10-29-2003, 04:39 PM

Default RE: Virginia Sunday hunting petition

I can' t believe that there are only 35 signatures. Sign up guys!
Old 10-29-2003, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

No doubt... sign up guys!!! it would make it much easier on my vacation time every year! LOL
Old 10-29-2003, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just added a coule of new names to it
Old 10-29-2003, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

I signed this petition. Its quite odd that this was here, just the other day while driving home, my other half was asking me why there is no hunting on sundays, I really didn' t have a good answer for her, because I don' t understand why we can' t hunt on sundays either
Old 10-30-2003, 04:50 AM

The Sunday hunting ban is part of Virginia' s " blue laws" which ban certain activities on Sunday' s. These laws were thought up many years ago because Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. Well, times have changed dramtically, and to many people Sunday is the only day of our busy week that we can enjoy ourselves. I think Virginia needs to realize it' s the year 2003, and these laws are long outdated!

Darrell
Old 10-30-2003, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for signing Huntnma.. its wonderful to see sportsman support each other. DarrellH.. I agree , the good old commonwealth has done alot of changing and changed alot of its laws but the fish and game laws are the ones that seem to lag behind alot of times!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Forget that. We' re each entitled to our own opinion, and Sunday hunting isn' t for me. Let it be a day of rest!
Old 10-30-2003, 08:14 AM

Why not rearrange your work schedules and work Sunday, hunt when it' s legal? You say you can' t do that? Why not petition your boss?
Old 10-30-2003, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

you can fish, camp, hike and do all other outddor activities on sunday-why cant we hunt? i quit vba(virginia bowhuinters assoc) a few years ago because they voted " no" to sunday hunting. if it was allowed, the non sunday hunters coud CHOOSE not to hunt. we should have the choice-thats my gripe.

Quick Reply: Virginia Sunday hunting petition

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.