Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Huricane Isabell

Old 09-14-2003, 08:41 AM

Default Huricane Isabell

Man I really wish this thing would take a big right turn fast. I' m in a hunting lease of about 1100 acres and we have almost got the mess cleaned up on the trails from the ice storm. Not to mention losing power and the clean up around home. It seems like we spend more time cleaning up storm debris then getting in the woods to hunt. Everybody cross your fingers and pray.

Smitty
Old 09-14-2003, 08:22 PM

Default RE: Huricane Isabell

I hear ya Smitty, I went through three or four of em while living in NC and VA. It ain' t no fun.
Take care, good hunting, and may God bless you and yours.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a BAD feeling about this one, I sure hope it doesn' t become another Hazel, she tore up almost the entire eastern seaboard in 54! She was still a full blown hurrican when she hit New York! I sure hope I am wrong, please everyone be smart, if they say evacuate, DO IT!
Old 09-15-2003, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, should be in NOVA w/in a few days. Hope it slows down.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yow.... This S.O.B. looks like it' s gonna go right up the Chesapeake!!! [][][]

Look animated gif image from " hurricanetrack.com" !!!

Butch

http://hurricanetrack.com/gif/isagfs.gif
Old 09-15-2003, 07:38 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

got lots of water stored up. Food. flashlights, batteries. Wife' s sister lives in Chesapeake county. They' ll probly be coming up here to stay for a few days. Although they are still thinking they can just ride it out. I knew I should have had these damned trees topped this summer. hope we don' t get a lot of wind here in Richmond. We' ll know in a couple days

David

Good luck to everyone.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:31 PM

Good luck to ANYONE in the path of this mother. This thing is 700 miles across! Last reports were the winds had slowed from 150 to 125 (so you only get relocated 1 or 2 zipcodes vs another state!). Earlier today I saw a reporter who was onboard one of the weather " chaser" planes and it recorded winds of 205 nautical miles per hour (236mph) along the eyewall of the plane (which by the way is 100 miles wide by itself) and the operator of those sensors said that that was a new record for such recordings.

DP you better just go and get your wifes sister. There wont be no " ridin this one out" if they are within a couple of miles of shoreline. Shes crazy for waiting until the rush to try and get out. A storm this big and this time of year is likely to spawn tornados once inland as well. So its gonna be hell for alot of the populace. God knows New York City dont need another catastrophe.

Heres prayin for ALL of you fine folks and be careful!!!
RA

ps
Notice that on that projection the storm doesnt loose much shape until appx western PA. []
Old 09-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

unfortunatly its looking like she still wants to visit... might be pretty interesting around here the next day or two... hope she is nice enough not to knock my trees down I have picked to hang stands in!!!

Old 09-18-2003, 01:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

The anticipated track will bring her over us too. Knock her down and out if you can! I' m glad to hear that the winds are lower than they were, but it' s still gonna be a big one. Our prayers are with you all.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like it lost a lot of its punch. Lots of difference in 105 mph and 140 mph winds. If there isn' t a bunch of tornados spawned from this thing the flooding will probably be the biggest threat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.