Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hunters Against .... Hunting? Petersens Article

Old 07-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

Of course they rest on Sunday. Saw a couple at church Sunday! I just posted MY opinion. I'm not a dumb@#$ and the deer go about there business on Sundays as they would any other day of the week. As for fishing on Sundays.........it's a fish!!! who cares? Deer are a little smarter than a fish. They know they are being hunted and I believe they deserve a break 1 day a week. As for hunting preserves I did not know that. I don't hunt on a reserve or know the rules for one. And yes I found a job that would allow me alot of time off during the daylight hours on legal hunting days so I can hunt and more importantly spend time with my family. Don't bash me for getting a job that allowes me to do that. And for the "competition" I don't have any. I just have people trying to compete with me. Hell I'm the one voting against Sunday hunting because my tags get filled with taking Sundays off.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

I find it to be descrimination not allowing myself and family to hunt on my own property or private property on Sunday.

What next? Will the state also tell me if its OK to cut my grass on Sunday or not.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by shooter50
Of course they rest on Sunday. Saw a couple at church Sunday! I just posted MY opinion. I'm not a dumb@#$ and the deer go about there business on Sundays as they would any other day of the week. As for fishing on Sundays.........it's a fish!!! who cares? Deer are a little smarter than a fish. They know they are being hunted and I believe they deserve a break 1 day a week. As for hunting preserves I did not know that. I don't hunt on a reserve or know the rules for one. And yes I found a job that would allow me alot of time off during the daylight hours on legal hunting days so I can hunt and more importantly spend time with my family. Don't bash me for getting a job that allowes me to do that. And for the "competition" I don't have any. I just have people trying to compete with me. Hell I'm the one voting against Sunday hunting because my tags get filled with taking Sundays off.
You say your not a bumbass and then you say that deer know that they are being hunted...do deer also know it's Sunday...????....if a deer knows it's being hunted then why would any deer even move during legal hunting hours....????....do the deer you hunt also know when hunting season starts and ends...???...sorry but I just had to ask these STUPID questions....because I never knew anybody that could tell me what a deer knows......
Old 07-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

You missed my point. No where did I bash you for working a job that allows you to hunt more and spend more time with your family.

Fishing is regulated by licenses and rules just like deer hunting, turkey hunting, and all other types of hunting. IMO if you can fish on Sunday, then hunting should be no different.

I don't hunt on licensed shooting preserves either, but why is it legal to hunt on Sunday on them? Is this a money thing?

I don't have a problem filling my tags and usually a few bonus tags to go along with it. I just feel if a man wants to hunt on Sunday he should be able to. What is more relaxing than a day in the woods?
Old 07-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by brewman555
You say your not a bumbass and then you say that deer know that they are being hunted...do deer also know it's Sunday...????....if a deer knows it's being hunted then why would any deer even move during legal hunting hours....????....do the deer you hunt also know when hunting season starts and ends...???...sorry but I just had to ask these STUPID questions....because I never knew anybody that could tell me what a deer knows......

Ok let me rephrase it a little different. Deer know of mans presence in the woods....there home. Whether we (hunters) are in the woods or not. Just because we are not on stand spooking the deer or jumping them on the way to a stand we are leaving something behind....tobacco spit...sweat....something. That is why deer are less spooked at season start. So in a sense they know that humans are invading there home. Do deer know why? Hell no its a deer. But I do believe a deer knows when the season starts and ends because of the extra human traffic in the woods. Do they know its a hunting season.....no.....but they do know we are there and it has to put more pressure on them.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
You missed my point. No where did I bash you for working a job that allows you to hunt more and spend more time with your family.

Fishing is regulated by licenses and rules just like deer hunting, turkey hunting, and all other types of hunting. IMO if you can fish on Sunday, then hunting should be no different.

I don't hunt on licensed shooting preserves either, but why is it legal to hunt on Sunday on them? Is this a money thing?

I don't have a problem filling my tags and usually a few bonus tags to go along with it. I just feel if a man wants to hunt on Sunday he should be able to. What is more relaxing than a day in the woods?

For me hunting is work....hard work. And I like my Sundays off. I hunt everyday day I have off rain or shine, so I enjoy a reason (no hunting on Sunday) to take a break. I would rather be on the couch drinking beer and watching a ball game on a Sunday. But to each his own. I originally posted on this thread my opinion coming from a man who enjoys my 2 Sundays a month I have off at home relaxing BUT I do understand that are a lot of people that can benefit from being allowed to hunt on a Sunday. Hell I have family and friends. I see both sides I guess I should have worded it a little different. I don't like the idea for various reasons, but I can see the benefit for allowing it. Honestly it's gonna just lead to more "hard work" for me
Old 07-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me hunting is work....hard work. And I like my Sundays off. I hunt everyday day I have off rain or shine, so I enjoy a reason (no hunting on Sunday) to take a break. I would rather be on the couch drinking beer and watching a ball game on a Sunday. But to each his own. I originally posted on this thread my opinion coming from a man who enjoys my 2 Sundays a month I have off at home relaxing BUT I do understand that are a lot of people that can benefit from being allowed to hunt on a Sunday. Hell I have family and friends. I see both sides I guess I should have worded it a little different. I don't like the idea for various reasons, but I can see the benefit for allowing it. Honestly it's gonna just lead to more "hard work" for me
I guess for me, I have never paid much attention to the work involved with deer hunting. I enjoy deer hunting so much the preparation/work has never bothered me. I actually look forward to scouting, hanging stands, clearing 4 wheeler trails, and cutting shooting lanes cause I know it will pay off later.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting is something that's enjoyable .....when it becomes work I'll quit.....
Old 07-26-2012, 06:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by brewman555
Hunting is something that's enjoyable .....when it becomes work I'll quit.....
Amen, I already work 5 & 6 days a week sunup to sundown in my regular job and sometimes 96 hours straight over long weekends in the Army Reserves. I wouldn't make it any worse if I ever start to think of hunting as work.

There are very few things that I do that are as relaxing and provide good quality family time as the time I spend resting in the woods in a hunting stand with my kids with nothing better to do than to talk about life and enjoy God's splendor and bounty together.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Spike

Right now i could only hunt on Saturday. Sunday hunting would be great

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.