Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hunting in eastern Tennesse

Old 12-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Spike

Question Hunting in eastern Tennesse

I'm going to be in Knoxville for about 6 weeks in January and February. Was curious if there are any hunting opportunities in the area at that time. A good pig hunt would be great but willing to try anything if available.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike
Old 12-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Spike

Mike,

I live in Knoxville, and yes there are winter hunting opportunities available. Not to far, maybe an hour and a half at most is Telico Plains Tennesee. My family has some land there and I hunt boar year round. But it is especially fun in the winter. However it is private land, but fear not right next door is the Cherokee National Forest where you can hunt Boar year round. Its one of the last places in Tennessee where you can hunt boar thats not private property. Also the CNF if full of boar and they would certainly welcome any hunters who want to help get rid of the boar.