Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia dog hunters opposing Sunday hunting - write them an email!

Old 02-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
I got a 2 page letter from my state senator a little over a week ago explaining the reason for his "no" vote on SB850.

He said when he left the morning before the vote, he had only been contacted by 30 of his constituents....26 of the 30 were not in favor of Sunday hunting. After the vote, he came back to find he had received more communication on the issue. The final tally was 33 against and 15 for it.

We need a better organized effort and it needs to begin sooner than 2 or 3 weeks before it will be voted on. However, I do see a couple of positives this year. The VDGIF and the NRA did speak in favor of hunting on Sundays.

I wonder if there are some other state or national groups we could get involved on this issue for next year?
Here`s an idea.....The VDGIF should put two questions on your hunting license.......

1. YES ... I want Sunday Hunting .....
2. NO ... I don`t want Sunday Hunting ....

And you MUST CHECK a box in order to get your license......
Then EVERY HUNTER in Virginia that buys a license will have VOTED and the VDGIF will have an EXACT number and know how many REALLY want to hunt on Sundays and how many don`t.......
Old 02-27-2011, 04:57 AM
Spike

I am not one to put down other hunters, however I have no problem putting down and not supporting dog runners in Va. When you have a bill brought in front of committee in the state Senate and the VAHDA lines up with HSUS a group that opposes hunting, I cannot support you or any of your efforts.

In due time, the dog runners will need help from other hunters. I will be the first in line to spit at their feet. This may sound like I am taking it too far. They made their bed, now they can sleep in it. When they continue to feed me lines of BS, that it is religious (and yet they are out fishing on Sundays), that the deer need a day of rest, etc... I am too intelligent and see through their lies. Lets be honest, they are being completely selfish. So when the time comes that they need a letter written to congress or are asking for help, I will direct them to PETA and HSUS.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:57 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by brewman555
Here`s an idea.....The VDGIF should put two questions on your hunting license.......

1. YES ... I want Sunday Hunting .....
2. NO ... I don`t want Sunday Hunting ....

And you MUST CHECK a box in order to get your license......
Then EVERY HUNTER in Virginia that buys a license will have VOTED and the VDGIF will have an EXACT number and know how many REALLY want to hunt on Sundays and how many don`t.......
This is an excellent idea!
Old 02-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Eyedr
I am not one to put down other hunters, however I have no problem putting down and not supporting dog runners in Va. When you have a bill brought in front of committee in the state Senate and the VAHDA lines up with HSUS a group that opposes hunting, I cannot support you or any of your efforts.

In due time, the dog runners will need help from other hunters. I will be the first in line to spit at their feet. This may sound like I am taking it too far. They made their bed, now they can sleep in it. When they continue to feed me lines of BS, that it is religious (and yet they are out fishing on Sundays), that the deer need a day of rest, etc... I am too intelligent and see through their lies. Lets be honest, they are being completely selfish. So when the time comes that they need a letter written to congress or are asking for help, I will direct them to PETA and HSUS.

You make a very good point. Eventually they will need the support of the other hunters.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

They have already tried to get the help from other hunters on issues they support. Most have told them to go sleep with their dogs on Sunday. They also take credit for bills that were defeated that others pushed to have voted down. The VAHDA is the most self centered anti hunting organization I and many others know of. They lie, they backstab and they overrun other hunters as they work contrary to their own mission statement. I hunt with dogs in a club but I have made it known that I do not support VAHDA and do not want my name used with any activities that involve them. It has created some problems but no one metions their name around me. Like has been said, they made thier bed now let them lie in it. Next time they can call HSUS and the Farm Bureau for support.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Eyedr

IMO you are just as bad as they are. How can you blame all dog hunters? I hunt with dogs sometimes, and I'm not a member of that organization and I personally want Sunday hunting. I know quite a few other dog hunters and some of the oppose Sunday hunting, some don't, however none of them that I know of are a member of that group. Blame that group not all guys that hunt with dogs.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

So where is the he blaming all dog hunters? He is just blaming VAHDA who CLAIMS to represent all dog hunters. So if a dog hunter does not like their agenda and tactics they, like me, should speak up and make sure they are not supporting this Alliance of anti hunting people. Make sure your name is not used by them to push their agenda. They, VAHDA, are the ones who are acting in an unsportsman manner. Notice no one who posts anywhere admit to being a member of this group. Wonder why? Could it be that they can not defend their actions in the name of all hunters? Could it be they can not stand the heat that will fall upon them by other hunters?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I say no more hunting with dogs until everyone can hunt on Sundays.......How do you think that would go over with the dog hunters who don`t want Sunday hunting..........
Old 03-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

then you could say no more hunting period until all hunters are allowed to hunt on sunday lol. There are plenty of hunters who do not dog hunt that do not want sunday hunting. I do and I dog hunt. That one organazation who supports dog hunters does not represent no where near all dog hunters.... Knuckleheads. Some want to blame dog hunting for everything(sigh) This is not a dog versus still hunting thing, I dont know how some try and turn it into that. Do you really think one organazation can prevent sunday hunting? Its all types of deer hunters.lol. Its guys who prob. dont even hunt(our elected officials) making these unfair rules.

Last edited by deerdogdude; 03-04-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deerdogdude
then you could say no more hunting period until all hunters are allowed to hunt on sunday lol

1..Then what your saying is most dog hunters don`t know how to hunt without a dog.

There are plenty of hunters who do not dog hunt that do not want sunday hunting.

2..Then they should stay at home and not stop those of us who want to hunt on Sundays from hunting. Just because you can hunt on Sunday dosn`t mean you HAVE TO.

I do and I dog hunt.

3..I know ... I`v read your post before and i`m glad there are dog hunters out there like you that support Sunday hunting.

That one organazation who supports dog hunters does not represent no where near all dog hunters.... Knuckleheads.

4..I agree.

Some want to blame dog hunting for everything(sigh) This is not a dog versus still hunting thing, I dont know how some try and turn it into that.

5..Because there are some hunters who have a lot of trouble with the dogs running their land during the season and screwing up their hunt.

Do you really think one organazation can prevent sunday hunting?

6..VAHDA sure seems to be stopping us from getting a Sunday Hunting Bill passed. Along with others groups like PETA...Ect...

Its all types of deer hunters.lol.

7..Then those who don`t want to hunt on Sundays can stay home....

Its guys who prob. dont even hunt(our elected officials) making these unfair rules.
8..Thats because some elected officials don`t have a clue and others are on the side of groups like VAHDA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.