Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Anti hunting group in Va

Old 02-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
1. The first and foremost reason is our faith. The Fourth Commandment is reason enough to oppose hunting on Sunday. "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. We also recognize that
the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

2. We believe that all can use a day of rest. It is a time to recover and reflect. You may look for lost dogs or game animals, declared by the law to be hunting, but the retrieval of lost sheep is consistent with the gospel. We believe that the hunted also benefit from the day of rest.

3. We believe landowners want a day to rest. To enjoy the quiet of their property, absent their guests of the rest of the week, no matter how welcome they may be at other times. Sunday is a day of reflection.

4. We believe that even the most supportive families would benefit from this positive statement of family values.

5. Other outdoor users appreciate a day to themselves. Without this day, they may turn against the selfish
hunters who demand hunting on Sunday and place all hunting at risk. Remember all hunting is not done on large private tracts.

6. Virginia has the most generous limits on deer kill of any state in the nation. No hunter, no matter how they plead otherwise, is so deprived as not to be able to find an opportunity to hunt during the long seasons. We acknowledge that some of our number have a limited number of vacation days, but believe that resulting public opinion would inescapably be negative, and give antihunters a big hammer to bludgeon us with.

7. Modern wildlife management bases its hunting seasons on range carrying capacities, species reproductive rates and mortality rates. One significant factor in determining any hunting season is the number of animals harvested by hunters. The number of animals harvested by hunters is determined by man-days a field times the success rate. Most studies have shown that typically 40% of total man-hours of hunting occur on Saturday. The addition of Sunday would be certain to require the eventual adjustment of the seasons for most if not all species that are hunted. This would result in the eventual shortening of the hunting season.
Here is a quick summation of all of the above:

We want to control your private behavior on your private land regardless of your individual decisions on faith or lack thereof.

There is some argument for no sunday hunting on public lands. There is no argument for private lands.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

In order of the VA dog hunting Alliance group.

1. Freedom of religion. Not everyone worships the same God, Savior, imaginary floating person in the sky. If you can hear my bow while in church then you are truly amazing.

2. I sit in a tree. I don't need to find my dog, I know she is probably laying in my warm bed at home. The deer are always resting where I hunt unless I shoot one, or its regular gun season and all you hear is dogs barking.

3. The landowner never knows I am there. I come and go and stay out of sight to not bother anyone else. Its the trespassing dog hunters that bother the land owner by driving on his property and through his planted fields to find their damn dogs. If you are making so much noise and being that much of a burden that the land owner needs a day of rest from your hunting then maybe your doing it wrong.

4. Family values are what you make them. Some people go to church together, some hunt together, hell some rob banks and smoke crack together...

5. Still in that tree stand. Not making life difficult on others, not dragging mud out into the roads, shooting a gun 4 or 5 times at a deer as it runs through the woods. I also have never stood in the road with a gun waiting for the dogs to run the deer to me.

6. Yep lots of deer to harvest to VA. I certainly see plenty of button bucks and under 100lb deer resting on the back of dog boxes. Guess its hard to determine what they are while being chased by dogs, having enough ammo in your gun to overtake a few countries, and having the "if its brown its down mentality".

7. Most people work 5 days a week Mon - Fri.. so naturally Saturday has the most hours since you can't hunt on Sundays. Amazing study you did there. Also the deer management in VA is sorry. Put some antler restrictions on the deer and stop killing every deer that runs out in front of you. Hell maybe making running deer with dogs illegal would produce better deer management practices...
Old 02-21-2011, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper

1. Freedom of religion. Not everyone worships the same God, Savior, imaginary floating person in the sky. If you can hear my bow while in church then you are truly amazing.

2. I sit in a tree. I don't need to find my dog, I know she is probably laying in my warm bed at home. The deer are always resting where I hunt unless I shoot one, or its regular gun season and all you hear is dogs barking.

3. The landowner never knows I am there. I come and go and stay out of sight to not bother anyone else. Its the trespassing dog hunters that bother the land owner by driving on his property and through his planted fields to find their damn dogs. If you are making so much noise and being that much of a burden that the land owner needs a day of rest from your hunting then maybe your doing it wrong.

4. Family values are what you make them. Some people go to church together, some hunt together, hell some rob banks and smoke crack together...

5. Still in that tree stand. Not making life difficult on others, not dragging mud out into the roads, shooting a gun 4 or 5 times at a deer as it runs through the woods. I also have never stood in the road with a gun waiting for the dogs to run the deer to me.

6. Yep lots of deer to harvest to VA. I certainly see plenty of button bucks and under 100lb deer resting on the back of dog boxes. Guess its hard to determine what they are while being chased by dogs, having enough ammo in your gun to overtake a few countries, and having the "if its brown its down mentality".

7. Most people work 5 days a week Mon - Fri.. so naturally Saturday has the most hours since you can't hunt on Sundays. Amazing study you did there. Also the deer management in VA is sorry. Put some antler restrictions on the deer and stop killing every deer that runs out in front of you. Hell maybe making running deer with dogs illegal would produce better deer management practices...

lol You sound like a anti
Old 02-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper

You said it all. I didn't realize the hypocrisy of a dog hunting group telling other people how and when to hunt. Since they are possibly the most detrimental and discouraged form of hunters, often giving the rest of us a bad name, I'd say it is pretty audacious of them.

I'm only referring to deer hunting with dogs, btw.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

FYI, I went to their website and found that this statement is officially posted as their official position.

Their email is below, if you want to contact them:
[email protected]