Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

12 Mile Swamp in N.Florida

Old 11-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default 12 Mile Swamp in N.Florida

Has anyone hunted this WMA? it's pretty darn pricey so i'm assuming that's for a reason....thanks in advance & God Bless.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Garminator
Has anyone hunted this WMA? it's pretty darn pricey so i'm assuming that's for a reason....thanks in advance & God Bless.
Twelve Mile Swamp WMA is located in north central St. Johns County near St. Augustine. These nearly 20,000 acres are privately owned, and are managed by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission for hunting. Access to the area is restricted to two weeks prior to the archery season until the last day of the spring turkey season and is limited to individuals who have a recreational use permit. Persons who hold a permit may fish, hike or bike as well as hunt on the days the area is open. No camping or horseback riding are allowed. The landscape on the area consists of planted pines and hardwood swamps.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Reb, have you ever hunted this area? I've read alot about it but I would like to hear some first hand opinions. Btw, it's great to see you're still around here....Oh and on another note, i'm thinking about going on a hog hunt up in the Oceechobee area with a buddy of mine this weekend on some private property. He said that he's not sure what the rates are but what do you suppose a self guided hog hunt in that area is running? Thank you in advance & Gog Bless brother!

Last edited by Garminator; 11-17-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Garminator
Thanks Reb, have you ever hunted this area? I've read alot about it but I would like to hear some first hand opinions. Btw, it's great to see you're still around here....Oh and on another note, i'm thinking about going on a hog hunt up in the Oceechobee area with a buddy of mine this weekend on some private property. He said that he's not sure what the rates are but what do you suppose a self guided hog hunt in that area is running? Thank you in advance & Gog Bless brother!
Sorry bro, never hunted there...........
When you say private property, there's no telling how much they will charge..........Things have changed so much on prices nowadays........