Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Youth day Sept 26

Old 09-24-2009, 03:50 AM
Spike

Default Youth day Sept 26

I could use some advice from you guys. I have already but my stands up at the begging of July. I just got permission to hunt a small track(6 acres) that was in the middle of two other properties I already had. I had planed on hunting a small edge of a corn field in the morning but now I see there is a lot of acorns falling. the the small track is on the other side of the corn field and shows some good signs of deer (corn dragged back into the woods and tracks in the road). Now it looks like some rain Saturday. Now I really not sure where the best spot would. If the deer were to come to the corn would it be morning or evening?Thanks
Old 09-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by freshmeat
I could use some advice from you guys. I have already but my stands up at the begging of July. I just got permission to hunt a small track(6 acres) that was in the middle of two other properties I already had. I had planed on hunting a small edge of a corn field in the morning but now I see there is a lot of acorns falling. the the small track is on the other side of the corn field and shows some good signs of deer (corn dragged back into the woods and tracks in the road). Now it looks like some rain Saturday. Now I really not sure where the best spot would. If the deer were to come to the corn would it be morning or evening?Thanks

Given the chance... even with the acorns falling.... if you have any green soybeans accessable to you.... thats where I'd be. Once they start turning yellow then I'd hit the acorns. Corn being dragged off into the woods sounds like coons to me. Deer don't really take their meals to go (unless you consider chewing their cud as take out).

Deer will for sure eat corn though... and if it is going to be rainy today... they might make an appearance at any time... hope this post isn't too late for you.... hope you put the kids on a deer! Good luck!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Spike

thanks for the advice. I dont have bean in the field this year they did corn this time. I never did think about something else dragging the corn back into the woods. I do know there are a lot of coons out there i remember gettiing a 100 pic of them on a camera i set up.