Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Quantico 2009

Old 08-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Spike

Brett, I am in for sure! Wish to get my first deer this year.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Doin good on my end....how bout you guys!?

I too have some areas picked out, hopeful that theres some good sign in those areas!

Brett, I thought you'd be scouting in the lease you guys have....but I'd definitely like to meet up this year. Its been busy for me, but I'd like to take a couple days off either the first week or second week in Nov, right when the rut kicks in....

I'm really considering purchasing the lonewolf alpha and climbing sticks, so I can have more opportunities to get closer, and in any tree I want.

Keep in touch fellas!
Old 08-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Hoytspeed. that some big money there man. i like the weight on both but I cant get over the cost. I also have been looking at a hang on mostly for Quantico. I too have found some spots that do not have a trees that you can use a climber. I have thought about making my own but I need to see what the weight will be . maybe just the climbing sticks. hope we all can get together. See Ya
Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bush, I work two weekends a month, so I can hunt some weekend days if you would like. I am off a ton during the work week, so I can hunt a bunch in the afternoons Mon-Fri. In fact, once I get home from the beach I will post my days off so some of you guys have an idea when I am free, so we can get some hunts in together. I am continually trying to learn about the deer woods and I would love to see how you all approach your hunting.

Fantarain, let me know when you are freed up and I will try to get you onto some deer. In fact, if you do not have a deer down by November 1st, I will take you into some of my spots if you are willing to take a day or two off work. I will be off work from October 31st to around November 14th. Let me know. I would love to help you drag your first deer from the woods.

Hoyt, I am freed up a bunch due to my 14 day a month work schedule. Afternoons are better for me as I have three young kids I have to get off to school/daycare on my off days from work. We lost our lease due to a dishonest middleman. I am really bummed but accept it. I have a good place in Quantico and am excited to hunt it again this year.

Eng, I love the idea of your lease and the potential. It is pretty far from me and at this time in my life with 3 small kids, I would not feel real good paying $1,000(totally legimate cost for a good lease) for a lease for several years, nor the gas needed to drive to the lease.

Let me know guys, I love to jump around and hunt new spots in October to continually learn new areas on the large base.

Brett
Old 08-12-2009, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

Brett,

Let me know if you didnt get the email I sent this morning to everyone, I might be able to pick up about 1100 continuous acres in the Northern Neck but I have to make sure I have enough interest this year to pay for it. Dues will not change any.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

ALso let me know, maybe we can all get togther and do a hunt on base, Ihunted there for a number of years, only really hunted one or two spots but I had decent luck when I was in there.