Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Quota Drawing Results..

Old 07-13-2009, 06:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's the reply to my problem,,

Discussion Thread Response (OED-LP-EW)07/13/2009 10:02 AMYou were looking at the 2008-2009 (2009) application when archery/muzzleloading gun was on one application. You did not submit a 2009-2010 (1010) archery application. You did submit a 1009-1010 muzzleloading gun application but was unsuccessful.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Chuck7,

I hate the new system and the only whining I was doing was to the Florida DNR when they were considering this new system. I kept saying that if the state actually cared about the management of the herd, they would keep the tags transferable. You get drawn for one archery permit that you applied for in June and the permit is for December(lets say), how can you really say that for one week or one weekend that is 6 months away, are you really going to be able to go? Things come up, and if they do you do not have a permit for the whole year. Provided you got selected in the first place.

I am pretty torqued about the whole mess.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Dominant Buck

hear ya,,I didn't say anything about whing...LOL that was my freind Camo.Cop..and since he works for law enforcement..I aint saying nothing about him..plus he looks bigger than me.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CamoCop
i got drawn for my 2nd choice general gun, which i will be sending back in hopes of retaining my preference status. if people wouldn't have whined and caused this new quota change i could have given this permit to one of ya'll to use. the permit is a Rock Springs Run 2nd gun. the date falls during the same time i will be in Georgia hunting the rut.
Chris, I didn't know that you could turn it back in, how do you do that? I got my first choice for archery, opening week at Buck Lake, but I just learned Saturday that I need a major back surgery. I won't know until later this week when it will be scheduled for, but even if it was today, I still wouldn't be able to hunt by September. Since I can't give it to my hunting partner who didn't get drawn, I might as well let someone else have a chance to hunt as well as retain my preference points.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Fork Horn

I got real lucky I got all the 1st choices I applied for. I will probably miss out on all of them next year.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Centaur 1
Chris, I didn't know that you could turn it back in, how do you do that? I got my first choice for archery, opening week at Buck Lake, but I just learned Saturday that I need a major back surgery. I won't know until later this week when it will be scheduled for, but even if it was today, I still wouldn't be able to hunt by September. Since I can't give it to my hunting partner who didn't get drawn, I might as well let someone else have a chance to hunt as well as retain my preference points.

you can suposedly send your permit back if you are not going to use it and keep your preference point. this way you can still be drawn next year.