Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

To Huntnma..

Old 11-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default To Huntnma..

Hello,
You shoot alot of hogs..I was wondering what you do with all the meat..Do you sausasge it , slow cook the hams and shoulders or what?? I'm asking because I'm expecting to get a few hogs this year..

I thought the sausage was very difficult to grind..my grinder got clogged very often...It tasted great though..I justtried a couple of patties 10 minutes ago..good stuff
C7
Old 11-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To Huntnma..

most of the meat , I have my hubby make sausage, it's so good....he has an old grinder that his grandaddy had whenhe was butcher...I'll usually save the back straps, occassionally I'll take a ham slow cook it for BBQ...just really depends on what I'm in the mood for..Sauasge is my favorite though, probably because I don't have to do it, lol....
I feed the hungry too,lol...my brother just emptied most of my freezer about 2 weeks ago...
Old 11-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks I appreciate that..

I save the back strap for frying..

the front shoulders I put in a slow cooker for 9 hours and dump an entire bottle of Greek peppers in it.The vinegar in the peppers..tenderizes the daylights out of any roast..it literally falls apart..then my wife makes barbequed pork out of it..

The back hams get ground up for sausage..or slow cooked..

Old 11-25-2008, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

we smoke ours in a pull behind smoker. we'll normally smoke 2-3 hogs at one time for an after hunting season get together. i haven't got a hog yet this year, i normally hog hunt during the small game season. during deer season i stay focused on the deer