Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

weather for sat

Old 11-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default weather for sat

Now the reports is for rain and dropping temps from60s in the morning to 40 by noon with wind and a chance of a thunderstom.
I was thinking about going out with xbow but with that kind of report I dont think the deer will be moving much. also might keep some of the gun guys home.what do you guys think.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: weather for sat

I have seen and killed quite a few deer on days when it was pouring rain and windy as can be. During November you are liable to see deer at any time and anywhere regardless of weather conditions. My forecast for Sat. is similar but they are not calling for the falling temps, just wind, rain and t-storms. I'll be out tomorrow!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

dont know what to think... Ive shot them in the rain and i saw a 150 class this year with 30mph gusting winds. if anything the added people in the woods sittingor walking around might get them up. If your the guy sitting still.........who knows what could happen. Im going to hunt the edge of creek bottom with thick woods to my left and a cherry thicket it front along with an open field to my right. I think with the weather and the people they will be heading either to that thick creek bottom or that cherry thicket.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

weather is the same here tomorrow, ill still be going out though
Old 11-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm off and I'm going. Raingear, thermos of coffee, thermos of chicken soup, and it's game on. One thing that is in our favor is the deer don't have the luxury of not being out there tomorrow. Through the rain, wind, and high temps they will be there so I will too.

Hug the pine cutovers and thick stuff that breaks the wind and catch one slipping, that's the plan anyway.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Just watch the weather report and its calling for near 70 and rain/thunderstorms for the morning for Fredericksburge Va.

The wife just told me the kids are gone for a sleep over so I get to go in the woods tomorrow. Hope its worth it.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am bringing two sets of rain gear and two sets of warm clothes just in case I get soaked in the morning. I was invited to bowhunt up in Loudoun County with a good friend. Although I really wish there were better conditions to hunt, I cannot pass up the chance to get around some bigger bucks. I will be at it all day, rain or shine.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

good luck to you brett! hope you score big.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same to you Hoyt buddy. Nice buck for you dad. I hope you get onto some deer as well tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Brett, hope you have some good luck up north look forward to seeing your post.Are you use bow or gun?

Hoytspeed, you going out tomorrow? I think this is going to the day all three of us get one. RIGHT!
you using bow or gun?

Well by the time on the clock it looks like I better get some sleep so good luck to everyone on opening day. Bushanic

Quick Reply: weather for sat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.