Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

weather for sat

Old 11-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Spike

Default RE: weather for sat

I am getting my first day out saturday rain or shine.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:31 PM

Good luck everyone.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Went out with my shotgun yesterday, seen a nice 6 point from a distance, and all the rest were does. But you can't shoot does in stafford, not until next weekend. So we'll see what happens next weekend. Heading down to king george...should produce!

anyone else get anything this weekend?

who's hunting quantico thanksgiving morning????
Old 11-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Here is my update for Saturday. got up 4am looked outside could hear rain but could not see it and the temp was nice,Great lets get going. Turn on the weather channel to look at raider and just saw rain maybe some heavy rain around 7/8 am in my area Warsaw/ king gorge but I got rain gear so off to the woods. I make it to my spot by 530am. I usually don't get it the woods to early hard to walk though that much stuff in the dark even with a spotlight but this time with rain I want to be able to take my time so I head in about 6am.I make it to my tree and get all set up then the wind and rain start to really pick up,so has I stand on the ground in my stand I have to make the decision to stay or go I think back to the raider and decide to sick it out (big no no) I should have seen the sign of a really bad storm coming but with the rut fever in me I stay. so up I go I get about 20 feet up and get settle in and things seam to calm down 730am. then 15 minutes later all hell brakes lose.The dam wind most have been blowing at 60 mph hell at least 3 trees(pines)fell down around me and the trees I am in moves more them I have ever felt a tree move right about now I cane just see some what with the rain,wind and little light I really felt like this is going to end bad I need to get the hell out of here I can say I don't really remember getting out of that tree but has soon has my feet hit the ground I was gone. left every thing but my xbow got to my van and waited the storm out maybe 20 minutes left to it and then nothing. I waited by the van for a haft hour before I went back in to get my gear. sat there for just a minutes to look over what happen. Man that is one I will never forget.
Have anyone else have a storm roll up on them before? Lets hear your story
Bushanic
Old 11-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dand bush...hahahaha! Sometimes big blasts of wind come through so strong that you wish you didn't go out. This week is going to be a solid solid week of weather...the best we have seen all year.