Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Enough to make you mad

Old 10-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default Enough to make you mad

I know everyone has read post about this but I have to tell someone. My dad called me on Monday morning about his hunt. He hunts in the mountains on Shenendoah/Page county line. He next door neighbor gave us permission to their property of 135 acres. Nothing special but nice piece that backs up to Nat. Forest. We worked hard this summer and put in a small food plot back in the woods with a ladder stand watching it. He hunted it opening day of archery season anddidn't see anything, so he decided to hunt at a friends cabin on the north side of Bryce Mntn where they have been seeing decent amount of deer. I told him he should give it a rest there and go back to food plot area to see how that is progressing. Well he did and he hunted from the ground because of the wind but noticed when it got light that he couldn'tsee his ladder stand. He got up walked over to it and sure enough someone had stolen it. The only thing left was two hooks to hang his pack and crossbow. The sad part was it was locked up. So someone had to find it, come back with the tools to cut the lock and take it. We all know that a ladder stand isn't the easiest to carry through the woods either. Needless to say he was pissed when he called me as this was the first stand we have stolen. In fact he had it up less than 100 yds from where it was last year and nobody bothered it. We believe that somebody came over from the Nat Forest found the food plot and stand. Then came back to get the stand. I was looking to put a camera up around the plot but now I am not because of this.

Sorry about the long post but I had to vent a little.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Enough to make you mad

Thats sucks man. . . I have had a couple stands stolen from me in NOVA and it always sucks. I wish i could catch them and im sure you do too. That sucks when you havent been to a stand in a while and you want it go sit in it and its not there, Ive been there before and now i always have a back up plan in case it happens again, kinda sad we have to think like that.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Enough to make you mad

alot of people have no morals, they see something that is of value and they take it. You really can't leave anything in the woods anymore! same thing happened to my uncles father in law, he left his treestand locked up in the woods, and his pull cart for the deer next to it. they couldn't take the treestand so they took his pull cart, and he has a bad hip, so he can't walk but so far, much less pull a deer on his on through the woods.

and to think if you were to confront them, they might shoot you, who knows!

i was huntin on private land near prince william county, and this was during muzzleloader season last year, I had two guys walk up on me with shotguns...and they weren't duck hunting!! in the middle of the friggin woods....they saw me and hightailed it out of there. its just ridiculous how people act now a days!