Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

GREEN SWAMP ...over populated today..

Old 10-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Spike

Default RE: GREEN SWAMP ...over populated today..

I went in the 471 side at 6am and there was about 5 trucksgoing threw the gate . I seen a hog this morning and thats it. I geuss there has only been 3 deer killed so far this year.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:41 AM
Dominant Buck

I didn't see nothing so you are one up on me..[8D]...lots of water though..so watch out for snakes..
Old 10-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Spike

I seen a little snake swimming in the water on the side of the road saturday morning . This morning I seen a hog running threw the swamp with some babies. Sunday evening I movedand seen a bobcat. Then about 10 hogs in the road on the way to the truck in the dark. I am ready for next friday I think I have a better spot now.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I didn't see nothing so you are one up on me..[8D]...lots of water though..so watch out for snakes..
Comming home from church tonight, there where 5 Does in my driveway!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 02:50 PM

Went out 10/13/08 and the misquito's dont seem as bad as they did last year. All I seen was a few good deer rubs and seen where the hogs have been tearing up the ground everywhere. Might be a year for hogs...
Old 10-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Spike

no luck during archery this yr jumped alot of hogs took a shot at onr but missed
Old 10-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Dominant Buck

I thought the mosquitoes were calm also.. I should have scouted better. I had a spot already planned..and knew something good woul dhappened..Three other hunters thought the same thing.[&o] So I have 2 spots on Powder Grade in which I killed a spike one year..There was a hunter there...[&o]and another place where I saw 2 decent bucks and got within 10 yds of a doe.and there was a hunter there as well..[&o]

So ..that bummed me out. I'll be scouting a new area..The spike area is still good as no one in there right mind would dare venture to enter into his living quarters..a serously thick cypress dome..I've been feeling an unction to get in there and find a tree big enough for a stand and cut out a shooting window..I went in there last year and saw lots of rubs and big tracks and pooper..BUT it is thick..Last year I saw a big deer twice bolt through there..So I plan to scout there and also a huge bayhead between Powder and 3 mile Run..That cypress dome runs 5 miles and has deer but you must become a rabbit beagleto get in there..On Googgle Earth you can see the spots that are thinned out or wet..
Forget easy hunting...they are not coming out of their cover ..except maybe during the rut..
Old 10-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

chuck7 It is hunters like you (and me) that make me think twice about leaving stuff in the woods. My son and I came across a nice climbing stand left on a tree when scouting and said to myself I can not believe it is not lock up we could have taken it with no problem but I had the chance to teach my son about a the oath of a hunter not to touch someone else's stuff.I do still leave stuff in the woods stands and cameras and hope they are still there when I go back. With age we all make better decisions. my hats off to you and everyone else who has passed up on and easy score and have taken in the results that you have also found someone little spot or made their day by not losing their stuff. Thank you Bushanic
Old 10-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Spike

Has anyone seen a game camera in GS? Was it in a Security Box? I want to put one or 2 out but I would hate to give away $100 cameras.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Honestly , I usedto be a real bad boy when I was a young man..I would have taken that stand in a heart beat..

BUt there are 2 reasons I didn't.

a. When I was a bad dude..I noticed when I stold an item for ..let's say 100.00 someone shortly afterwards would steal something from me for 200.00 It always happened that way.

b. I'm now a Christian and long for God's blessing.."He disciplines those He loves Heb. 12 I know He would have dealt with me very fast,,,so although I looked..I knew I wouldn't even touch that stand..I honestly can't make it without the Lord..and sin separates us from him.."Thou shalt not steal."

Comment to the other hunter..yes ..I would take a chance with a 100.00 camera..MOST hunters are good people..there are only a handful of mean people. It's not as bad as some think..I've meant some out there that offered to share their stand with me..put me on hot spots and acted very professional. However..if you can put a lock on it..put a quality lock on it.. Some of us can't mess up..it could cost me my job even though it's on a Sat. or Sunday.Teachers are expected to act professional 24/7 period.

Quick Reply: GREEN SWAMP ...over populated today..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.