Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

No does all Bucks? A few questions for help.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default No does all Bucks? A few questions for help.

Ok all my deer with horns took off for the month. I have feeders spinning four times a day and a half acre food plot. I got a call from the person that manages the area I lease and he told me he was watching deer on my food plot. I had about 20 to 22 deer on there and just about all of them had horns. Ok I am thinking great because he told me there was a 10 point he could see and a lot of 6 and 8’s on it. So I am stoked about that and will be putting someone on it (Make me proud Todd). We had hurricane Hanna dump a LOT of water and the place is thigh deep with water but it is going down. The odd thing is that after Hanna went through all my bucks left the feeders. I have 100’s of doe pics but not a single boy in the bunch. A friend of mine told me that the bucks are congregating together right now to start sparring and determine who is going to get the prettiest girl at the prom. So I have a few questions especially for the hunters who have hunted after a recent hurricane has gone through.

How long did it take for the deer to get back into their normal pattern of avoiding me?
How long will the deer stay in these bachelor groups here in Florida?
I will be using a fawn bleat September the 20th but do you think it will only bring the does or will the bucks be following them yet?
Rattle bag and light tickling should be started now or in about a month due to the fact that the boys are hanging together right now.[/ul]

Thank you,

Chris
Old 09-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No does all Bucks? A few questions for help.

I have had that happen to me also. I have no clue why either....

The deer will hang out in the bachelor groups for possibly another week or two, at the most. Also in late Decemeber, early Jan. in parts of Florida they will go back to their bachelor groups.

Sept 20 the deer in the area where i talked to you about thehunting clubshould be in Pre-rut. Actually a friend of mine took a 7pt last year following a doe onthe opening morning across from your club, butthe rut was earlier than usual last year. Idon't use calls very much, exceptfor 'the can' during the rut so i don'thave any experience with a fawn bleat.Hope this helps