Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

For Huntnma

Old 08-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Default For Huntnma

Hey Casey, is Toso and Bull Creek flooded????
Old 08-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For Huntnma

I'm sure Bullcreek is but i haven't heard, but knowing BC, it is......Toso. is closed until Monday....I tried getting to work this morning but i didn't get very far,I'm in Plam Bay and the water is everywhere when i called to tell them i wasn't coming in, they said it was bad and getting worse...I can only imagine what it looks like out there....Charley came through and destroyed the roads and powerline and we've gotten much more rain than then....hopefully I'll be able to get to there tomorrow to see what's up....
Old 08-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: huntnma

I'm sure Bullcreek is but i haven't heard, but knowing BC, it is......Toso. is closed until Monday....I tried getting to work this morning but i didn't get very far,I'm in Plam Bay and the water is everywhere when i called to tell them i wasn't coming in, they said it was bad and getting worse...I can only imagine what it looks like out there....Charley came through and destroyed the roads and powerline and we've gotten much more rain than then....hopefully I'll be able to get to there tomorrow to see what's up....
I imagine that Three Lakes is also pretty wet!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm maybe 10 miles east of Toso and I thought that we escaped the worst of it, that was until about 4 o'clock yesterday afternoon. I bet we got over 15 inches of rain since then. The humidity is so high that you can hardly see out of my windows. My back porch has a concrete floor and its been so wet that the paints peeling. I've been trying to housebreak two new puppies, it's not working very well with the weather being so bad.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to try to get up there thismorning but i have a feeling I'll be turned away....11 inches as of 2:00p.m. yesterday......Good Luck puppy training !
Old 08-23-2008, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I made it to work......It's bad.....i could go down the powerline road and that was washing over it in several areas, the other roads aren't even passable.....here's some pics, this is mudlake and the powerline parking area, notice the 2 dumptruck loads of shell [&o]

this is the powerline road in one spot, there's others......

this is powerline road and Longbluff

I'm glad hunting isn't for another month or so, it's going to take me that long to get the roads fixed......[:@]
Old 08-26-2008, 07:01 PM

Thanks for the pics, unfortunatley the pics arent good, i hope it dries out.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

you should see the pics that i got yesterday[&o]....the water is going down but it'll be awhile before i can get to fixing the roads....they are ate up !!!
all of my dirt is gone but dont worry , the roads will be opened for the hunts !!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

We need to invent a canoe that'll convert into a climbing tree stand. It might be a little awkward to climb with but it'll have enough room for a days worth of supplies.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:19 AM

^ lol

Quick Reply: For Huntnma

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.