Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

south florida deer rut

Old 07-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Spike

Default RE: south florida deer rut

geat post camocop. that goes to show that the rut dates are very widespread in florida. the exeption is northwest fl. in south fl i would bet that bow season and ml season would be your best bet for any "rut" activity. but dont expect to see too many bucks chasing or typical rut activity. with no significant winters to deal with, the does can have offspring any month of the year. also with the imbalanced buck/doe ratio, the bucks cant tend all the does within a certain time period. consequently the does keep coming into estrous until they are bread.
good luck
brian
Old 07-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bdhuntin

geat post camocop. that goes to show that the rut dates are very widespread in florida. the exeption is northwest fl. in south fl i would bet that bow season and ml season would be your best bet for any "rut" activity. but dont expect to see too many bucks chasing or typical rut activity. with no significant winters to deal with, the does can have offspring any month of the year. also with the imbalanced buck/doe ratio, the bucks cant tend all the does within a certain time period. consequently the does keep coming into estrous until they are bread.
good luck
brian
very true, i have seen spotted fawns at one time or another in every month.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

thanks everyone for the information. Have been hunting hogs at my buddies place for a while. Have seen a few nice bucks out there with quite a few does he will let us take either. I would love to see one of us take one of those big bucks. Good luck to you all this season. Will keep posting on how we do. Thanks Jerry
Old 08-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Spike

Check out the following . . . . Hendry County it's now!

http://share2.myfwc.com/FWCDMSG/Shared%20Documents/Presentations/Presentations/DMU_Update_20070810_v2.pdf
Old 08-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampPanther

Re: Florida 2004 (G Whittington)
2:19 PM 10/21/2004

In southern Highlands county the Bucks were chasing does in late July and early August. I also saw a nice buck chasing two does on the weekend of Sept. 11th this year. We were seeing spotted fawns on the ground last year in January and February. We shot a couple of does last year in late December (we had doe tags) that were highly bred, with pretty much fully developed fetuses in them. That would tell me that a lot of our does were bred in late July or early August.