[:@] Read it here:..." />

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia DGIF acquittal...

Old 06-10-2008, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Virginia DGIF acquittal...

ORIGINAL: rick64

I've never been one to complain about Yankees, Come-here's, or whatever you want to call them, but it takes some balls to choose to move toVA and then constantly complain about it. You are free to move if it's that bad. I'm sure that the NY state gov.doesn't have any corruption.
Who moved here?

And it doesn't bother you about the VDGIF fiasco on trips, gear and such they spent our $$$ on?
Old 06-10-2008, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bigg~BirddVA

ORIGINAL: rick64

I've never been one to complain about Yankees, Come-here's, or whatever you want to call them, but it takes some balls to choose to move toVA and then constantly complain about it. You are free to move if it's that bad. I'm sure that the NY state gov.doesn't have any corruption.
Who moved here?

And it doesn't bother you about the VDGIF fiasco on trips, gear and such they spent our $$$ on?
Of course it bothers me, but I'm not going to bash the whole state because of the actions of a few individuals.
I am so sickened by this and how $*#&$ up the state of VA is,
I just love this state...... NOT!!!!!
The IRS should get involved with that case, they may view it differently.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

I think the parties involved have a universal get out of jail free card and at this point in time it's over. Really makes you wonder why they're so special and others get all the charges they can thrown at them and they stick.

To add I'm too am over a lot of the things the state does or doesn't do. I don't think being from here or a lifelong resisdent makes any difference in one's ability to spot crap when you see it. VDGIF has several issues going that are pure crap. Sunday hunting and dog chasing are a couple of the top ones. We'll see how they address them but their past record doesn't show much.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Never said VA is perfect and there's nothing wrong with trying to change things, but I'll stick with what I said. Anyone that thinks VA is that bad is free to leave.

BB, would you bash the whole state because you disagree with the way the DGIF is run?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

I don't see any state government as being perfect or even close to acceptable but that's just my feelings. I think a lot of us could move to most any state and have unlimited areas to find fault in.

No you can't bash the land or the people but those running the show you can bash.

Example......... Friend bought land in the mountains to hunt on. Had a lot of bear activity up there. 7 days before archery bear came in the farmer on the other side of the mountain calls and gets a damage stamp to kill 5 bears in his corn field. Well they're 1/2 way through picking the corn field. So in another day or two it's a moot point right? So why did Mr. Local dog chaser get to rush right in and take out 4 of the 5 bear he had a kill permit for? Seems to me someone wanted to bear hunt and get the jump on the season and used this lame excuse to do that. And can anyone stop this BS activity? No. How many other events like this go on and no one knows? What happened to the 4 bears after the kill? His whole bear season was over before it started. To me it shows just how much of a good 'ol boy system the game dept is run under. It needs an overhaul. We'll probably never see it but it's hard for a lot of us to just sit by and watch the show without commenting on it.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

It may seem futile at this point, however a mass voting turnout could change things drastically for the state. If only hunters would visit the poles in mass and lobby as much as big tobacco. We really could make some changes for the betterment of hunting and the preservation thereof. I am really tired of seeing money alotted for VDGIF and the hiring of game wardens go to other objectives within state government. I remember the days in VAwhen the Game Wardens would rule with an Iron Fist and some people hated it and some people loved it either way we didn't have all the problems we have now(deer dogging problems, poachers going unprosecuted, kill permits for reasons stated above etc etc). If a farmer were to put in for a kill permit as stated abovefor bears10 years ago a Warden would have came and checked out his place prior to issuing a legitmate permit andthe situation explained above the Warden would have laughed in that farmers face and told him to wait for hunting season. Another example: we recently took a guy to courtwe caught poaching onour land and we even had the smoking gun: trophy deer taken on our property, rifle in hand, and no sign of a blood trail as he stated hehad tracked it onto our property which was not the case.We filed a criminal complaint and had our day in court and the judge threw it out because we had no Warden present. Now how in the fu&^ can you have a Warden present when there isonly one for the five surrounding counties? Keep in mind the guys that filed the criminal complaint against this poacher were off duty police officers and the judge wasn't having it even though the off duty police officers announced their presencejust before the guy was getting ready to throw a couple of punches. Still the judge did nothing as he said they needed a Warden present. Like I said I'm a little over it and these clowns funin the sun on our expense is starting to trickle down to the common citizen. So yeah I take it a little personally but I still love hunting VA in the Fall, nothing beats it.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

The Conservation Officers are stretched thin, but local law enforcement could/should have helped you VA5326. What county did that happen at. Biologist issue the damage permits, I think.

I didn't intend to hijack this thread from it's original topic, just sick of the negative attitudes about the state.For the most game populations and harvesthave increased a great deal in my lifetime, who gets credit for that?
Old 06-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Fluvana was the county. We called the Sheriffs dept and they showed up andcouldnt do anything about itas they didnt witness the incident. I in no way have a negative attitude towards the state however I do have a problem with politicians taking away from what is rightfully VA citizens rights as landowners and leasees to enforce tresspassing and poaching laws. How can there be any order if the judge does nothing when we had all the elements to convict? Changes will only be made if something drastic happens.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The safari was funded privately by Daniel A. Hoffler, who then was chairman of the department's board of directors. Upon their return from the safari, the officials returned to the state the $13,000 of equipment they had purchased with state credit cards.

The state later was reimbursed for more than full cost of the items by the board of directors.
None of the three officials who were indicted still is employed by the state.

"It's a very, very sad footnote to a distinguished career in public service," Owen said of Woodfin.
The last sentence says a lot. Most people don't know what a good administration Woodfin was. The entire situation is unfortunate, but a lot of wrongs have been set right.

A statement like yours about not hunting in VA anymore ButchA is a hell of a strong one for someone who fights so hard for hunters rights in this state.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kodiakemt414

I just love this state...... NOT!!!!!
Then go back to Jersey.... we don't want you here.

Quick Reply: Virginia DGIF acquittal...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.