Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Last Sat. in VA for rabbits - PICS!!!

Old 02-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Last Sat. in VA for rabbits - PICS!!!

3 of us hunted 2 farms near Middleburg this past Sat. We had a great shoot, bagging 4 of the 5 bunnies we ran. The 5th one the dogs had locked on to and were stroking but the rabbit ran next to a road and started going down the stone wall and it was too close for comfort, so I called them off. The running was good and so was the friendship, I couldn't have asked for a better last Sat. of the season.

Here area few pics, the 1st one we call the bowl, from sitting high on the pasture hillside, you can see the rabbits run everywhere. The dogskicked up 8 rabbits total (5 side rabbits) in less than an hr., we each shot 1, and left, leaving seed for next year. My buddy Paul and I switched off w/ the camcorder and got phenomenal footage. The last pic shows a field they bushhogged since last year, too bad, b/c you can imagine the running we had last year when it was all grown up. This year wasn't as good, we jumped 2 in an hour compared to 24 shot in there in one day last season when the briars were tall.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Last Sat. in VA for rabbits - PICS!!!

hey coolbrz0:
way to go!!!!! wish i coulda somehow hooked up with ya,,but man i have been laid UP with pneumonia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!had it now right at a month and thank God finally warrenton hospital found it sunday(like it was hard to find,i diagnosed the sh!t myself 3 weeks ago but PWH had it in their heads that it was something else)Anyway,,,i moved out to marshall and man do i ever see a load of bunnies out here maybe we can hook up this year for some gunnin
Thanks for the great pics
Mike
Old 02-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Steve
Looks like you guys had a heck of a hunt!!

Thanks for the invite this week and sorry about not being able to make it. Definetly will keep in touch and try to get together next year.

Thanks again,
Jim
Old 03-01-2008, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike & Jim, we will definitely get together for a rabbit hunt or 2 next season. I'll be spending the summer keeping my broke dogs tuned up, working w/ some pups, and training my derbies for this coming season. Is it Nov. yet?!?!?!