Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Hello All, I am here to provide anyone interested information on a state issue of concern to dog hunters and the Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance. Sportsmen and Sportswomen from across Virginia have banded together to form the Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance.http://vahda.org We are rabbit, deer, coon, bear, fox, coyote, squirrel and bird hunting dog owners and face a challenge to our way of hunting. If you want more information, please visit our website.[/align]
Old 01-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Hokie... Wow, you're everywhere!

Old 01-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Typical Buck

scam....
Old 01-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Pearl Jam

scam....
No you are incorrect nothing about Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance is a scam. sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 3sheets

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

scam....
No you are incorrect nothing about Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance is a scam. sorry to burst your bubble.
I don't have a clue about them being a "scam", but doubt that's the case. All I do know fer sure, isthat my new found bud ... Hokieman can be a real hoot at times. Not to pat myself on the back too much, but I think I'v helped improve Hokieman's interpersonal skills. Heck he has even promised to have the VDHA look into toll free "Missing Dog" and "Turn In a Tresspassor" (T.I.T. for short)hotlines. However, I just started working on his math skills here recently, so you may still notice an error every now and then on his "cyphering"!! lmao

3sheets
Speaking of math skills, to implement your suggestion is costly, so we may have to haveanother fundraiser on your place to cover it. Who wouldbe willingtocontribute a feetohunt with Michael Waddell on a private hunt club.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

scam....
I don't have a clue about them being a "scam", but doubt that's the case. All I do know fer sure, isthat my new found bud ... Hokieman can be a real hoot at times. Not to pat myself on the back too much, but I think I'v helped improve Hokieman's interpersonal skills. Heck he has even promised to have the VDHA look into toll free "Missing Dog" and "Turn In a Tresspassor" (T.I.T. for short)hotlines. However, I just started working on his math skills here recently, so you may still notice an error every now and then on his "cyphering"!! lmao

3sheets
Speaking of math skills, to implement your suggestion is costly, so we may have to haveanother fundraiser on your place to cover it. Who wouldbe willingtocontribute a feetohunt with Michael Waddell on a private hunt club.
See what did I tell ya, bout me improving Hokieman's interpersonal skills, a week or so back he'd either be reading me the riot act or ignoring me entirely ... that my firends is a true sign of slow steady progress.

I doubt any folks would be willin to spring for any sort ofhunt on my measly parcel ... that would be a real money looser for ya'll. In fact since the hunting there is so poor, I'm thinking bout planting my old ridge field in corn and hauling in a few Coon, just so I can take advantage of that 2am Sunday Hunting curfew that you Coon DogsHunters used to think was just created for your benefit alone.

3sheets
Ok you do that and invite me down to hunt them coon and I'll invite you up to hunt my land on the mountianthat joins over 3000 acres of Jefferson National Forest.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hmmmm... Hokie, you DON'T run dogs around the JNF now, do you?

-------------Cut 'n pasted from the DGIF's website-------------------

Legal Methods and Restrictions During Firearms Deer Seasons:

Special restrictions apply to specific firearms use during this season. See Legal Use of Firearms and Local Firearms Ordinances for details.
[ul][*]Modern firearms.[*]Hunters are allowed to use archery tackle or muzzleloading firearms to deer hunt during the firearms deer season with the following conditions:
[ul][*]all hunters are required to comply with the either-sex deer hunting days for the firearms deer season.[*]use of muzzleloading firearms is allowed only if not otherwise restricted.[*]muzzleloader deer hunters must wear blaze orange during the firearms deer season.[*]archery deer hunters must wear blaze orange during the firearms deer season except when hunting in areas where the discharge of firearms is prohibited. [/ul][/ul]
Dogs May Not Be Used For Deer Hunting:
[ul][*]West of the Blue Ridge.[*]East of the Blue Ridge in Bedford, Fairfax, Franklin, Henry Loudoun, Northampton, and Patrick counties, and Amherst (west of Rt. 29), Campbell (west of Norfolk Southern Railroad), Nelson (west of Rt. 151), Pittsylvania (west of Norfolk Southern Railroad), and the city of Lynchburg.[*]Statewide when hunting during archery and muzzleloading deer seasons.[*]On many military areas. Check individual Post regulations.[*]On Amelia, Cavalier, Featherfin, Pettigrew, C.F. Phelps, and G. Richard Thompson Wildlife Management Areas.[*]During the first 12 hunting days of the firearms deer season in Madison and Greene counties. [/ul]
Old 01-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

lol
Old 01-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hmmm... I don't think Hokieman read my thread before. Oh well, here it is again straight from the DGIF website:

[ul][*]West of the Blue Ridge. [*]East of the Blue Ridge in Bedford, Fairfax, Franklin, Henry Loudoun, Northampton, and Patrick counties, and Amherst (west of Rt. 29), Campbell (west of Norfolk Southern Railroad), Nelson (west of Rt. 151), Pittsylvania (west of Norfolk Southern Railroad), and the city of Lynchburg.[*]Statewide when hunting during archery and muzzleloading deer seasons.[*]On many military areas. Check individual Post regulations.[*]On Amelia, Cavalier, Featherfin, Pettigrew, C.F. Phelps, and G. Richard Thompson Wildlife Management Areas.[*]During the first 12 hunting days of the firearms deer season in Madison and Greene counties. [/ul]

Old 01-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ButchA

Hmmmm... Hokie, you DON'T run dogs around the JNF now, do you?

-------------Cut 'n pasted from the DGIF's website-------------------

Legal Methods and Restrictions During Firearms Deer Seasons:

Special restrictions apply to specific firearms use during this season. See Legal Use of Firearms and Local Firearms Ordinances for details.
[ul][*]Modern firearms.[*]Hunters are allowed to use archery tackle or muzzleloading firearms to deer hunt during the firearms deer season with the following conditions:
[ul][*]all hunters are required to comply with the either-sex deer hunting days for the firearms deer season.[*]use of muzzleloading firearms is allowed only if not otherwise restricted.[*]muzzleloader deer hunters must wear blaze orange during the firearms deer season.[*]archery deer hunters must wear blaze orange during the firearms deer season except when hunting in areas where the discharge of firearms is prohibited. [/ul][/ul]
[ul][*]West of the Blue Ridge.[*]East of the Blue Ridge in Bedford, Fairfax, Franklin, Henry Loudoun, Northampton, and Patrick counties, and Amherst (west of Rt. 29), Campbell (west of Norfolk Southern Railroad), Nelson (west of Rt. 151), Pittsylvania (west of Norfolk Southern Railroad), and the city of Lynchburg.[*]Statewide when hunting during archery and muzzleloading deer seasons.[*]On many military areas. Check individual Post regulations.[*]On Amelia, Cavalier, Featherfin, Pettigrew, C.F. Phelps, and G. Richard Thompson Wildlife Management Areas.[*]During the first 12 hunting days of the firearms deer season in Madison and Greene counties. [/ul]
No I don't run dogs in JNF. That is why I told him let me hunt your coon and I'll let you hunt my lil bit of heaven. I have been looking for a cabin down east since raccoons are more abundant then up here. so anyone with a dairy farm that is wooded and has coon. I 'll let you hunt my 150 acres adjoining JNF of 3000 acres.

Quick Reply: Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.