Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Old 01-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

And you still don’t answer the questions, just more allegations. Everyone is lying except you.
If you want the VHDA to be successful, you should stop typing and cut yourself loose from the org.
I’ve tried to have an open conversation with you hokieman, but it is obvious to me that you’re not up to it. You should go take a course on debating. Then maybe you’ll realize why you can’t seem to get anything accomplished.
Good luck.
What part of this is not a debate don't you understand. Me arguing with you or debating with you isn't going to change nothing. the coruse is already in motion and you and me have to just wait it out.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

Hokie,

I know you briefly touched on it but can you give an explanation of how Sunday hunting would not be beneficial to VA Sportsmen (not just dog hunters). If a dog hunter wants his dogs to rest noone is forcing him to hunt them, the deer can restpretty much restM-F. Religious belief is a personal choice and again noone could force you to hunt instead of going to church. I just can't see a reasonthat holds water here. Why not support something that benefits your fellow hunters ordo you guys only support dog hunters? Is it because the proposed Sunday hunting billdoes not include dog hunting that you guys are opposed to it? If yes, is it hurting dog hunting in some way?If no, please explain the opposition.

It just begs the question, How can you come on ahunting site and ask for support thatyou are not willing to give in return unless it fits your agenda?
I personally don't want sunday hunting and feel it is not needed.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

Hokie,

I know you briefly touched on it but can you give an explanation of how Sunday hunting would not be beneficial to VA Sportsmen (not just dog hunters). If a dog hunter wants his dogs to rest noone is forcing him to hunt them, the deer can restpretty much restM-F. Religious belief is a personal choice and again noone could force you to hunt instead of going to church. I just can't see a reasonthat holds water here. Why not support something that benefits your fellow hunters ordo you guys only support dog hunters? Is it because the proposed Sunday hunting billdoes not include dog hunting that you guys are opposed to it? If yes, is it hurting dog hunting in some way?If no, please explain the opposition.

It just begs the question, How can you come on ahunting site and ask for support thatyou are not willing to give in return unless it fits your agenda?
Was that with firearms? I think it was, they go boom and make alot of nosie, people would hear and complain of them shooting while they was pinicing with family near the creek or river. farmers has voiced concerns about not allowing hunting at all if bill passed. antis wants the animals to have a day of rest. christians wants to serve the lord and have family over and kids playing outside without fear of being shot. too many to list to support the right to have it. these are a few we recieved.

OK what's the argument to HB 1456 (Archery Only) and your other arguments are weak at best. I have never had one land owner say that they wouldn't allow hunting if the Sunday ban was lifted. It's their land if they don't want it hunted on Sunday that's their choice. How many people do you see havinga picnic in Nov/Dec? and there's plenty of public land in VA that's not open to hunting for them to use.The "antis" don't want hunting period and the really don't want you hunting with your dogs.Lifting the ban doesn't infringe on anyone's religious beliefs, even though the same people that use this excuse go out of their way to shove their beliefs on me.

If you want to see what problems lifting the ban on Sunday hunting will cause, look in Ohio and MD.NO PROBLEMS

[/align]
Old 01-22-2008, 07:28 PM

Hokieman,

I'd like to join your alliance, but answer me a couple of things first. What proactive things is your organization doing to discourage the problems with the few bad apples? It's not enough to threaten politicians, the anti's are not going to go away, and unfortunately they are growing in numbers, not us. Hell, hunters are eating their own now! We can't stick together on anything, not even when to hunt!!! (sunday hunting). I hunt in Maryland and the only people mad aboutSunday Hunting are the anti hunters. Thats a fact. I Fox hound hunted there with friends everySunday morning, it has been legal for the past 200 years, no problems. I know that it is too muchon alot of clubs to keep the fires burning 7 days a week, but if you don't want to hunt on Sundays then just don't do it! Let theother people who need that day to get outdoors go ahead and enjoy themselves. We all need to give a little or we will loose it all. I just don't like the way your organization threatens the politicians. I'm afraid it will backfireif those same people win next November. Once you piss off a man, no matter who he is, look-out!!!! My motto is live and let live. I'll give some to keep my hounds in the field. Won't you?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:48 PM

On the topic of Sunday hunting, why not? Are we not the same people on Sundays as we are on Saturday?

If people want to go to church on Sunday, that's great, I do too. But if someone else want's to hunt, let them do that. As long as they are on their own land or lease, what could it hurt? Every western state has Sunday hunting, only a handful of eastern states have stuck with this archaic law. There are no problems in Maryland, I was born there and have fox hunted with hounds there for the past 50 years. When I moved to Virginia I learned to hunt deer with hounds and I love that too. I just think we need to be flexible if we are to keep hound/deer hunting alive.

As for threatening politicians, that scares me a little too. Why can't your orgainzation be proactive and try to present some solutions, instead of being so angry all the time. We all need to live and let live. I'll give a little to keep my hounds in the field. Let the other fellas hunt, let's keep a close watch on our own, and hope for the best. Thanks
Old 01-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rick64
OK what the argument to HB 1456 (Archery Only) and your other arguments are weak at best. I have never had one land owner say that they wouldn't allow hunting if the Sunday ban was lifted. It's their land if they don't want it hunted on Sunday that's their choice. How many people do you see havinga picnic in Nov/Dec? and there's plenty of public land in VA that's not open to hunting for them to use.The "antis" don't want hunting period and the really don't want you hunting with your dogs.Lifting the ban doesn't infringe on anyone's religious beliefs, even though the same people that use this excuse go out of their way to shove their beliefs on me.

If you want to see what problems lifting the ban on Sunday hunting will cause, look in Ohio and MD.NO PROBLEMS

[/align]

Yeah Hokie, answer that one!!!! HB1456 is Archery only on private landand only during archery season. It won't disturb a soul because bowhunting is virtually silent, and since it's on private land, the WMA's won't be effected, so the hikers and horseback riders won't have issues.

WHAT IS SO GOD BLESSED HARD TO UNDERSTAND?!?

Oh wait... You want support for VHDA and the deer dog runners/chasers. Okay, okay, fine. But once someone wants support for something that has no effect on deer dog runners at all, you and the VHDA don't support it. Something is fishy here....

Could it be that the deer dog runners actually DON'T want Sunday hunting because they need that day to retrieve their dogs on others' property while the land owner and his family are in church? [:@]

You got a lot of people asking questions Hokie. Everybody on the 9,732,546 other boards you are on are starting to question the Sunday hunting bills and the stance of the VHDA.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:16 PM

Well guys I emailed VHDA to ask them why they even put a dog in the race (pardon the pun) as it relates to HB1456. I stated in my email that it may be best for them to have no opinion on this as it doesn't relate to dog hunting. I am unsure of my own feelings about opening Sunday hunting to all seasons and all land, but can't see the harm in allowing archery only on private land during the archery season. I know where I'll be! Hopefully I'll get a response from them and am going to call the guy I know tomorrow. This is definitlely something that may splinter this group. If they are going to offer opinions on everything related to hunting I will quickly advise my club to withdraw from this organization. Especially with decisions being made on issues like this without informing the allied groups.

Spence
Old 01-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Spence that a good idea, group that have aligned themselves with the VHDA may not realize the position VHDA has taken on lifting the ban on Sunday hunting. The VHDOA might be a better option, they are just concerned with hunting dog issues.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

The members of VHDA have been pushing hard for support because of the hound debate in Va. But they don't use their numbers to support Sunday Hunting? Haven't they been asking ALL hunters to come together for their cause, something about having to stick together to save the sport? I think I read where VDHA opposed Sunday Hunting last year and I know they are pro hounds...HUM?? Now VHDA opposes Sundays, kinda starting to see a pattern here to me.

Is Hokieman the spokes person for his organization? If so can we get and answer to what your organization is doing or planning on doing to help with the complaints against deer hounds crossing private land the reports of deer hondsrunning out of season?

I watched this all along but when the sunday hunt fell and Hokie's team opposed it I had to ask who side are they on?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

Hokie,

Was that with firearms? I think it was, they go boom and make alot of nosie, people would hear and complain of them shooting while they was pinicing with family near the creek or river. farmers has voiced concerns about not allowing hunting at all if bill passed. antis wants the animals to have a day of rest. christians wants to serve the lord and have family over and kids playing outside without fear of being shot. too many to list to support the right to have it. these are a few we recieved.
After learning more details of the bill (private land, archery only, during archery season) your explanations are less than weak. I'm not trying to rag on you but look at it like this: I was ignorant to the details of the bill so I asked some questions and got clarification, you are a member of an organizationthat opposes it and you have less of a clue about it than me.Nowwe are supposed to support your group but your group doesn't support trying to help other hunters get more time afiield, and what is worseare the reasons thatyou give are so weak they cause me to be suspicious of your group as a whole. Not to mention the "The reasons are too many to list" comment you made. I don't want you to list a ton of reasons. Just give me one reason why a hunting organization would oppose a bill that could get hunters approximately 5 more days in the woods and the bill doesn't even effect dogs or dog hunting.

Anyone that knows me from these forums knows I enjoy and strongly support dog hunting so don't take this personally, you have to see how some may frown on the whole concept. If the "Virginia Bow Hunting Alliance" was a group and they said:

"We support all bow hunters and we want to get organized and be a force in our state and have a say in the game laws, seasons, etc........but oh by the way we won't support blackpowder hunters trying to get a week long late black powder season......as a matter of fact we will fight against it." I would want some clarification on whatexactly theystood for and if that were their stance they would get exactlty 0% support from me. Just trying to be honest here.

Quick Reply: Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.