Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

ORIGINAL: ButchA

Uh, with all due respect, Hokieman, I beg to differ. My taste buds let me know the difference. I mean, there is a difference. $10 dollar bet... There is a difference...

You can send that to:

Checks can be made payable to VHDA and mailed to:
Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance
P.O. Box 657
Powhatan, Virginia 23139

Thanks for your support.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

It sounds like a necessary and worthwhile organization. If you take a good look at a lot of the posts by some of the more vocalanti-dog hunters, they often reveal their true colors as being opposed to pretty much all forms of dog hunting. Evidentally, they think that buying a license and putting up a deer stand means that there shouldn't be any kind of dog within a mile of them, even when they aren't even on their own land.Hence a lot of the lies anddistortions of the truth. Goodluck with things.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good for the dog hunters of Virginia banding together to fight for their right to run dogs. Our sport has already been disbanded by the small acre land owners and stillhunters enough(both of which i am). New developmentsare taking part of the vast acreagethat use tobehunting lands(both for stillhunters & houndhunters).Most only places left to run dogs are National Forests and WMAs, and people are still complaining about that.Iwish your Alliance the best and i hopeyou guys can overcome this and keep yourdoghunting.

Peoplewho don't have hunting dogs dont understand our love of hearing a pack of dogs run or a cold nosehound work a trail.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:47 PM

bryant1 I have8 rabbit dogs but, I'm not giving money to that scam.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: behunting14

Your statement is incorrect. We are no scam, and I urge you to produce proof of your statement or retract it entirely.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: behunting14

If it is a scam, i hope they rot in (insert here)! Viriginia does need some stand-up representation for dog hunting though.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:23 PM

There is no scam by VHDA. My club is allied with this group and I know one of the main guys quite well and have known him for years. All you are hearing is lies by anti dog hunters with no backup to their bull****. All they want to do is get on here and complain because their sorry asses don't know how to hunt and they need something to blame their lack of skills on. And they will only do it behind a keyboard.

Spence
Old 01-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: vaspence

There is no scam by VHDA. My club is allied with this group and I know one of the main guys quite well and have known him for years. All you are hearing is lies by anti dog hunters with no backup to their bull****. All they want to do is get on here and complain because their sorry asses don't know how to hunt and they need something to blame their lack of skills on. And they will only do it behind a keyboard.

Spence
Thanks for the comment Spence, This is how rumors are started that aren't true.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:33 AM

from what i see about dog hunters running deer its just a way for them to set in there trucks and wait for the deer to get run to them,its lazy mans deer hunting,no scouting,no treestands,no walking and then you kill one he's so tough you can't chew it. to me it shows a total disrespect for the animal. BAN ALL BIG GAME DOG HUNTING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let the real hunters reclaim all the hunting clubs in va.

Man that is really funny!!!!! I see you have never been Dog Hunting!!!! Well lets see when the season is over you don't have to feed your deer stand,you don't have to work with it in the off season,you don't have to maintain a good 4x4 truck,you don't have to give your stand shots and wormers,you shoot at something that is standing still(anyone with half a brain can do that).HUH let's see you running around trying to cut dogs off to kill the buck,run down the road as fast as you can to try and keep your dogs out of some ahole private land owner still hunter place that shoots dogs(dogs can't read!!!)Lazy mans hunting i think not!!!! It has been done that way alot longer than people sitting up 15 or 20ft in a tree with all the high dollar scent free stuff on the deer doesn't even know you are there!!! At least with dog hunting the deer has a chance to get away.Wake up dude!!!!!! Now im not downing still hunting,if you want to go sit up in a tree fine.But don't sit here and put down the way we hunt because you have had a bad dealing with a dog hunter,the most reason you do is because of the ahole's that shoot or dogs(again a dog can't read!!!) when they get over into private land.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve never been dog hunting, where we ran dogs. I have brought my one dog with me hunting. But I own a house right next to a leased hunt club property in Spotsylvania VA and I can tell you that I don’t support that kind of hunting. The reason that I don’t is because I don’t want dogs running the deer on my property, and that keeps happening. My fathers property in Culpeper is the same way. I can be in my tree stand, on my land and watch your dogs run deer through and out of my property. Then you can hear the shots from over on the road, which isn’t hunt club property. This isn’t the only property that I hunt that is near leased land that dog runners use, and from what I’ve seen, this is common.

You fought and got the right to retrieve you dogs from others property without permission, but I can’t retrieve a dead deer that ran onto hunt club property without permission. You know property boundaries are not being respected. But now it is illegal to cut the collar from the dog. The Berkley hunt club, really close to my house won’t let anyone join… But they’re sure happy to use my private road to drop off and pick up their dogs.
I’m not trying to be disrespectful, but you guys are going to have to start being respectful of other people and hunters before you’re going to be getting much backing from a lot of people.

Quick Reply: Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.