Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Old 01-28-2008, 01:56 PM

Default RE: Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

You may live in fear, I choose not to. You may choose to intimidate and bully your neighbors, I choose to respect and care for mine. I carry a 30 round clip in my ar-15 and a 15 round clip in my 9mm. I served in the military as anS.P., honorably discharged and fully trained. My hunting partner was a green beret in afganistan, he carries the same.Assault one of us, and you will pay the price.Youcan intimidate little old ladiesand state senators,but not me. I'll just kill the dog in front of you and laugh out loud. Keep your damn dogs where they belong and no one gets hurt. That's my warning. No offense to those with dog control and temper control.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bryant1

I am telling you this so you wont get yourbutt whipped or worse-killed. Remeber there are alot of them and 1 of you, but good for you; take it out on the dog that will show them-

I'm outta this post it hasn't gone anywheresince the firstpage anyway....
I'll have to agree with bryant, the owners are the ones at fault and I think there are other ways to go at this issue without harming the dogs.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Listen to what people are saying here. As you can see from my posts, I'm fairly unhappy with more than a few dog hunters. Killing the dog however, is out of the question. I can't answer for anyone but me; but my dog is a family companion. He's a loyal and brave protector of my children, and he's deserving of the title "mans best friend."
I’m not sure that dog hunters feel the same about their hunting dogs as I do mine. My dog lives in my home, as a member of our family, not outside in a cage or kennel.

You kill my dog, and I find out about it; you've got some real problems on your hands that would make you wish you could turn back the hands of time...

Follow me?

Old 02-10-2008, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

The session is almost half over. Next week is cross over when the House of Delegates takes up Senate passed bills and the Senate takes up those bills passed by the House. The fun begins again!

The Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance has continued to work against a long list of bad “Animal Rights Bills”.
a number have been killed, but are still a number to be defeated. We have taken positions on all bills that effect hunting, but because of the large number of bills this year have left the “Gun Bills” to the NRA and Virginia Civilian Defense League. We will get involved when our friends say they need our help!

A complete list of Bills that the Alliance is following and our positions are on the web site http://vahda.org. The Board of Directors in Accordance with the By-laws has approved these positions.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:43 PM

a man that will shot a dog is nothing but a coward. If you have a problem with someone then confront them about it or call the man. I had this old idiot shoot one of my dogs this year and I turned out on my land, they just got by us. My dog lived and the man is to much of a coward to show his face around, but he will have to sometime. Even if not there might not be a deer on his place next season. The sad thing is that I used to look out for the guys property and run people off of it for him(he does not live around here)
Old 02-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get this:Last week,a buddy of mine let his dogs out and w/in 3 min. he heard about 40 shots. Apparently his neighbor shot his black & tan male in the head w/ a high powered rifle and one of his lemon males in the foot, blowing off 3 toes and in another leg, demolishing it. Of course he called the cops, which referred him to Animal Control, but when they got there they said there wasn't a thing they could do as his dogs were "chasing the guys cats" on his property (which wasn't confirmed as it was back in the woods and the cops/game warden/animal control weren't sure where the property line was). The guy has threatened my buddy & his dogs several times before, and while I think he should have been a bit more careful w/ the dogs, but dang gone, to kill one and wound the other the way he did. Just a warning to everyone out there, please be careful!

Also, in Prince William Co. you are REQUIRED by law to have a minimun of 5 acres to discharge a firearm. The guy shoots all hours of the night, no kidding... Might be something there also for next time he starts shooting for no reason other than he's been drinking, which has got to be illegal also!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

What were the dogs hunting/chasing?

This is what happens when people reach the end. Running dogs on anothers lands is something not everyone will accept. If it's not your land and you've been asked to keep them off then who's fault is it for them being there? Bet he doesn't let them out again on that land. Shame it has to get to something like this but it's a classic example of dog hunters thinking they can do as they wish.

If the guys shooting illegally then that needs to be addressed. Trouble with laws like that is the cops have to see the guy shoot the gun.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:44 AM

My thing is that we hunt a 300 and a 150 acre track for the last 20 years and this guy comes in and rents a 150 track in between us. He knew when he rented that we run dogs there 2 sometimes 3 times a week. Thats the risk he decided to take. We do not turn out on his land but yes the dogs do get by us and run through his land. What the hell did he or any other still hunter expect. The guys I hunt with would not think about the consiq. and shoot the coward who shot a dog and the others would deff. make the guy wish he had never started to hunt to begin with. lol. I rent a 150 acre track just for still hunting but I also know that Va is a dog hunting state. most of your hunters are dog hunters. I know this. Everyone who hunts in VA should know this. If a guy is not turning out on your land than dont be a coward and kill a dog grow up and realize ...hey I hunt in VA, and dogs are going to come through here. simple as that. or it should be anyways to any educated person!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess if you rent land next to dog hunters you "risk" having them "trespass" on the land you rented......Most hunters are dog hunters...
.....I doubt it..........And remember......... if you hunt in VA..........it`s legal to trespass.........as long as you say..."I`m just looking for my dogs.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ILLPUTYADOWN

My thing is that we hunt a 300 and a 150 acre track for the last 20 years and this guy comes in and rents a 150 track in between us. He knew when he rented that we run dogs there 2 sometimes 3 times a week. Thats the risk he decided to take. We do not turn out on his land but yes the dogs do get by us and run through his land. What the hell did he or any other still hunter expect. The guys I hunt with would not think about the consiq. and shoot the coward who shot a dog and the others would deff. make the guy wish he had never started to hunt to begin with. lol. I rent a 150 acre track just for still hunting but I also know that Va is a dog hunting state. most of your hunters are dog hunters. I know this. Everyone who hunts in VA should know this. If a guy is not turning out on your land than dont be a coward and kill a dog grow up and realize ...hey I hunt in VA, and dogs are going to come through here. simple as that. or it should be anyways to any educated person!
Do you realize your talking about shooting another hunter and dogs being shot in the same post? To do either one of those acts you would have to be a idiot and even talking about doing it isn't that smart. An educated person would look for a solution instead of causing more problems.

It's a little scary that some of you guys are allowed to have firearms.

Quick Reply: Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.