Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Old 01-25-2008, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Nichols' call for Sunday bow hunting defeated[/align]By LILLIAN KAFKA[/align][email protected][/align]Friday, January 25, 2008[/align]
RICHMOND -- A House of Delegates subcommittee killed a Prince William County delegate's attempt to allow bow hunting on Sundays after hearing protests from farm and agricultural lobbyists.
"The reasons for [opposition] begin with faith, and they expand to those people such as horse riders who enjoy the woods on Sundays," said Wilmer Stoneman III, a lobbyist for the Farm Bureau of Virginia.
Del. Paul F. Nichols, D-Occoquan, called the Sunday prohibition of hunting on private property "outdated." He said he proposed the idea at the request of bow hunters who work Monday through Saturday.
His bill, HB 1456, would have allowed bow hunting on Sundays on private property for only two years. Before he heard the request, the delegate from suburban Washington, D.C., said he didn't even know Virginia prohibited hunting on Sundays.
"We've had this ongoing discussion about hunting on Sundays," said R. Lee Ware, R-Powhatan, chairman of the subcommittee.
He joked and asked Nichols, "Boy, why'd you bring this bill to this committee?"
Katie Kyger Frazier, lobbyist for the Virginia Agribusiness Council, said the only day during hunting season that horse riders can ride in the woods without fear of coming into crossfire is Sundays.
[/align]
Old 01-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bigg~BirddVA

Here you go.............

HB 1456 Hunting; persons with bow and arrow or crossbow may hunt on Sundays. Summary as introduced: Hunting with bow and arrow or crossbow. Allows persons who hunt with a bow and arrow or crossbow to hunt on private lands on Sundays. VHDA Strongly Opposes any form of Sunday hunting. This bill is merely an attempt to put the camel's nose under the tent.

Need to keep an eye on our new anti-hunting group. http://vahda.org/legislation.htm
Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance is not anti-hunting. This bill was killed in committee.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

ORIGINAL: Bigg~BirddVA

Here you go.............

HB 1456 Hunting; persons with bow and arrow or crossbow may hunt on Sundays. Summary as introduced: Hunting with bow and arrow or crossbow. Allows persons who hunt with a bow and arrow or crossbow to hunt on private lands on Sundays. VHDA Strongly Opposes any form of Sunday hunting. This bill is merely an attempt to put the camel's nose under the tent.

Need to keep an eye on our new anti-hunting group. http://vahda.org/legislation.htm
Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance is not anti-hunting. This bill was killed in committee.
Sure they’re not; they just oppose Sunday hunting. Please explain to me the difference between opposing Sunday hunting and being Anti-Hunting on Sunday.
Thanks,
KP
P.S. I don’t really expect you to answer, given the history of this thread…

Old 01-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Old 01-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad I didn't get to "choosed" for myself...

That pretty much says it all!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 PM

When are you guys going to learn. Dog hunters and their groups are the most arrogant, selfish, demanding group of @#$ holes alive!! It's alway about them, always about their rights and no one else's. Selfish to the end, if not this year, someday soon all hunting will be banned because of these idiots and their unwillingness to compromise on any issue. When you see your hunting buddies remind them to withdraw all support from any dog alliance group. Instead, put your effort towards hunting groups who are responsible and capable of compromise for the good of all. This includes those who need Sunday huntng for themselves and their families. Many young hunters may not be able to hunt because Dad or Mom work on Saturdays. Sunday hunting is done in all central and western states without any harmful effects. To keep the ban in place is just asanine. To refuse to compromise is asanine as well. So goes the asses and idiots.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: reswire

When are you guys going to learn. Dog hunters and their groups are the most arrogant, selfish, demanding group of @#$ holes alive!! It's alway about them, always about their rights and no one else's. Selfish to the end, if not this year, someday soon all hunting will be banned because of these idiots and their unwillingness to compromise on any issue. When you see your hunting buddies remind them to withdraw all support from any dog alliance group. Instead, put your effort towards hunting groups who are responsible and capable of compromise for the good of all. This includes those who need Sunday huntng for themselves and their families. Many young hunters may not be able to hunt because Dad or Mom work on Saturdays. Sunday hunting is done in all central and western states without any harmful effects. To keep the ban in place is just asanine. To refuse to compromise is asanine as well. So goes the asses and idiots.
name calling typical.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:00 AM

I've read this entire thread tonight with great interest and couldn't resist giving my 2 or 3 cents.

The statement that "A dog can't READ" is the whole problem with dog deer hunting. If they could read and they stopped at the Dog Hunting Club line without going onto other's property there would be no problems, so I agree with the land owners who complain.

I don't understand why a hunting "Organization" would be against bowhunting on private land on Sunday. That just makes them as bad as P.E.T.A. or the other ANTI-HUNTING groups out there.

Where I live and hunt, before the ban of running dogs for deer, it was a common practice for the dogs to be let loose on one property that the doggers didn't have permission to be on in the first place. They would then either run the deer to the doggers property or who knows where, and it was that very thing that got the most complaints. It was also the very thing that got alot of deer dogs shot.

Think about it like this: A guy has maybe a couple hundered acres to hunt. He wants to kill a nice buck so he passes up the small ones. Then one day he sees a 6 point that he's seen numerous times and has let walk on more than one occasion, and he let's it walk again. Then here comes a pack of hounds and they get after the deer he was hoping to take in the FUTURE, and run it off the property and he hears shots 2 or 3 properties over. Then when he gets finished hunting for the day and goes to the store,therein the back of someones truck is the deer he's been passing on all season. Talk about being pissed. You can bet money the next time a pack of hounds come through, guess what, he's hunting dogs. And the doggers wonder why someone would shoot their dogs. Because in his eyes they are now STRAYS. Not to mention he remembers the earlier incident.

A biologist once told me the only canines that were supposed to be in the woods are Coyotes, Foxes, and Wolves. PERIOD!

If I were a quail hunter I wouldn't want those dogs included in your "ORG.". It's a whole different kind of hunting.

Personally,I don't have a problem with hunting deer with dogs...as long as you can keep them on your land 100% of the time...Until then I'm totally against it.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:45 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hickernut

I've read this entire thread tonight with great interest and couldn't resist giving my 2 or 3 cents.

The statement that "A dog can't READ" is the whole problem with dog deer hunting. If they could read and they stopped at the Dog Hunting Club line without going onto other's property there would be no problems, so I agree with the land owners who complain.

I don't understand why a hunting "Organization" would be against bowhunting on private land on Sunday. That just makes them as bad as P.E.T.A. or the other ANTI-HUNTING groups out there.

Where I live and hunt, before the ban of running dogs for deer, it was a common practice for the dogs to be let loose on one property that the doggers didn't have permission to be on in the first place. They would then either run the deer to the doggers property or who knows where, and it was that very thing that got the most complaints. It was also the very thing that got alot of deer dogs shot.

Think about it like this: A guy has maybe a couple hundered acres to hunt. He wants to kill a nice buck so he passes up the small ones. Then one day he sees a 6 point that he's seen numerous times and has let walk on more than one occasion, and he let's it walk again. Then here comes a pack of hounds and they get after the deer he was hoping to take in the FUTURE, and run it off the property and he hears shots 2 or 3 properties over. Then when he gets finished hunting for the day and goes to the store,therein the back of someones truck is the deer he's been passing on all season. Talk about being pissed. You can bet money the next time a pack of hounds come through, guess what, he's hunting dogs. And the doggers wonder why someone would shoot their dogs. Because in his eyes they are now STRAYS. Not to mention he remembers the earlier incident.

A biologist once told me the only canines that were supposed to be in the woods are Coyotes, Foxes, and Wolves. PERIOD!

If I were a quail hunter I wouldn't want those dogs included in your "ORG.". It's a whole different kind of hunting.

Personally,I don't have a problem with hunting deer with dogs...as long as you can keep them on your land 100% of the time...Until then I'm totally against it.
I have read and understand your point, However the dog clubs that did this was wrong flat out, the person who shot the dogs were more wrong flat out. The deer you feed or pass up on your land is free roaming which means you or I don't own them they belong to the Commonwealth of Virginia. This doesn't mean a dog hunting club has the right to turn their dogs out on posted land or any land they don't have permission. two wrongs don't make a right. Dog hunting clubs and landowners need to better communicate and respect each other.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

I have read and understand your point, However the dog clubs that did this was wrong flat out, the person who shot the dogs were more wrong flat out. The deer you feed or pass up on your land is free roaming which means you or I don't own them they belong to the Commonwealth of Virginia. This doesn't mean a dog hunting club has the right to turn their dogs out on posted land or any land they don't have permission. two wrongs don't make a right. Dog hunting clubs and landowners need to better communicate and respect each other.
Hokieman you're living in la-la land. The dog chasers know what they're doing and they could care less. They're out to run deer to the standers any way they can. Your land and the deer it may hold are fair game. They know it and it's done every day of deer season all over by the majority of clubs out there. Go try to fool someone else with your "I care" act. People get tired of putting up with the abuse by others over the years and they fight back in the only way they can. I FULLY understand. The guy really needs to set out traps for dogs, er..... I mean foxes and trap them. After you catch a few FOXES I'm sure things will change. See trapping foxes is legal during dog season. Just like the doggers say they're running foxes not deer the same can't be proven when a person sets out leg taps. Hey turn about is fair play hokieman. We learned from your kind how to beat the system. Enjoy it, I will.

Quick Reply: Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.