Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Old 01-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

That makes sense to me, in return for the privilege of being able to retrieve their dogs the penalty should be more severe for breaking the law.[/align][/align]I think we all agree, ifall Conservation Officers were more aggressive with the laws that are already on the books, this wouldn't be as big an issue. [/align]
Old 01-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rick64

That makes sense to me, in return for the privilege of being able to retrieve their dogs the penalty should be more severe for breaking the law.

[/align]

[/align]I think we all agree, ifall Conservation Officers were more aggressive with the laws that are already on the books, this wouldn't be as big an issue.

[/align]
I would agree with that. I do feel in many areas we need more officersand they also need to be actively enforcing the laws.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Opposition when SB 884was introduce last year showed the attitude of allot of dog hunters.[/align][/align]http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...?071+ful+SB884[/align]
Old 01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

That passed andwas in the(07'-08') regs along with the rest of thedog retrieval regulation.

From VDGIF:

Hunting With Dogs
[ul][*]Dogs may be used to pursue wild birds and animals during hunting seasons where not prohibited.[*]When the chase begins on other lands, fox hunters and coon hunters may follow their dogs on prohibited lands, and hunters of all other game, when the chase begins on other lands, may go upon prohibited lands to retrieve their dogs, but may not carry firearms or archery tackle on their persons or hunt any game while thereon. The use of vehicles to retrieve dogs on prohibited lands shall be allowed only with the permission of the landowner or his agent. Any person who goes on prohibited lands to retrieve his dogs and who willfully refuses to identify himself when requested by the landowner or his agent to do so is guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor. [/ul]
Again I'm not sure why it would be opposed, if you are in the right and following the letter of the law then why wouldnt you say if asked"Hey my name is John Doe and I'm trying to catch a dog I tracked over here sir or maam." If a problem arose after that call the game warden or local police. Not rocket science here.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

That passed andwas in the(07'-08') regs along with the rest of thedog retrieval regulation.

From VDGIF:

Hunting With Dogs
[ul][*]Dogs may be used to pursue wild birds and animals during hunting seasons where not prohibited.[*]When the chase begins on other lands, fox hunters and coon hunters may follow their dogs on prohibited lands, and hunters of all other game, when the chase begins on other lands, may go upon prohibited lands to retrieve their dogs, but may not carry firearms or archery tackle on their persons or hunt any game while thereon. The use of vehicles to retrieve dogs on prohibited lands shall be allowed only with the permission of the landowner or his agent. Any person who goes on prohibited lands to retrieve his dogs and who willfully refuses to identify himself when requested by the landowner or his agent to do so is guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor. [/ul]

Again I'm not sure why it would be opposed, if you are in the right and following the letter of the law then why wouldnt you say if asked"Hey my name is John Doe and I'm trying to catch a dog I tracked over here sir or maam." If a problem arose after that call the game warden or local police. Not rocket science here.
What hunters have to worry about is pulling off the side of a road, or into a driveway or private road with gun in vehicle, to pick up a dog where property adjoining the road is posted.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can see that happening. Usually the pavement side of the ditch is still public right of way but in an area not like that(no ditch)I would probably case the gun just to be safe and I would not enter private drives or driveways and park. Use thepublic road orright of way or bothand put yoursafety hazards on, best thig I can think of,
Old 01-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

New,
You seem like a good guy, who is capable of thinking things through. I've really enjoyed reading some of your thoughts and you've given me hope that hunters can come together on some of these tough issues. But at this point, I think you're wasting your time with this guy. All of his responses are written as questions, or passive statements at best. Even his last statement could be written as a question, which could have two meanings. Later he'll argue which ever way he can, so that you can't pick it apart as easy. Was it written poorly or creatively? Either way, it could suggest that dog hunters do have to worry. And some of the areas that should and does worry them is when they have to pick up a dog on or near private property that is posted. The other way his last post could be interpreted is “what hunter would have to worry about that? There is nothing wrong with picking up a dog with a gun in your truck.”
It was even edited, and is still written poorly. He’s either really unintelligent, or is talking in circles. Neither of which, you should waste any time on.
This reminds me of a saying; something about arguing with someone, and others not being able to tell who is who... Know what I mean?
Old 01-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get bored at work and can't resist posting but I follow what you are saying. I edited mine above too, I just can't help it.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

New,
You seem like a good guy, who is capable of thinking things through. I've really enjoyed reading some of your thoughts and you've given me hope that hunters can come together on some of these tough issues. But at this point, I think you're wasting your time with this guy. All of his responses are written as questions, or passive statements at best. Even his last statement could be written as a question, which could have two meanings. Later he'll argue which ever way he can, so that you can't pick it apart as easy. Was it written poorly or creatively? Either way, it could suggest that dog hunters do have to worry. And some of the areas that should and does worry them is when they have to pick up a dog on or near private property that is posted. The other way his last post could be interpreted is “what hunter would have to worry about that? There is nothing wrong with picking up a dog with a gun in your truck.”
It was even edited, and is still written poorly. He’s either really unintelligent, or is talking in circles. Neither of which, you should waste any time on.
This reminds me of a saying; something about arguing with someone, and others not being able to tell who is who... Know what I mean?
To clear it up, the reason I edited was because I wrote a smart comment back to new and decided to go back and erase it. Well I ain't no rocket scientist. LOL
Old 01-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Here you go.............

HB 1456 Hunting; persons with bow and arrow or crossbow may hunt on Sundays. Summary as introduced: Hunting with bow and arrow or crossbow. Allows persons who hunt with a bow and arrow or crossbow to hunt on private lands on Sundays. VHDA Strongly Opposes any form of Sunday hunting. This bill is merely an attempt to put the camel's nose under the tent.

Need to keep an eye on our new anti-hunting group. http://vahda.org/legislation.htm

Quick Reply: Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.