Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Running Dogs In VA

Old 02-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Running Dogs In VA

ORIGINAL: deepzak

OK, New to this forum. Just finished reading all 13 pages of this. I haven't seen this question asked or answered yet (but I may have missed it), so here it goes:

What classifies a tradition? How long must something have taken place, or how many times to be classified as a tradition? When is something no longer a tradition?
Bet you didn't see the guys in red coats on horses either. The fox chasing loophole has got to be the most abused act in VA.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

I need to come and hunt where some of you guys do... it seems every time some of you step out of the door there is a dog running deer, no matter where or when but it seems to happen to you everydaylol.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bigg~BirddVA

ORIGINAL: bryant1

Here's Derick's latest self appointed job - copyright police. I feel safer already.

http://hunter316.proboards45.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thr ead=1203173173&page=1
I hope you know that he is right- they will shut your board down quickly if you have their copyrighted graphics. One of my co-workers is a graphic artist and that is the first and most important rule- dont pull anything off the internet for business use without proper consent. Those guys should know that already, seems to me he was just giving them a heads up before they got into trouble...
Well if he's looking for infractions he's got his work cut out. It happens everyday. Is it right? No. Is HM going to save anyone? No. But why make a post on it? PM the site owner or whoever is doing it or advise the author of the piece in question. It's a forum not a business. They'll ask you to first remove it and if you don't comply they'll notify the hosting service and shut it down. I used free graphics on a site and someone notified me it was theirs. I had the link to the free download, gave them the link and never heard anything back. Lots of people like to play police or other games or just stick their noses in other people business.
Like your are doing on every post.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: deerdogdude

I need to come and hunt where some of you guys do... it seems every time some of you step out of the door there is a dog running deer, no matter where or when but it seems to happen to you everydaylol.
I'm going to say every Sat all of bow & ML last year but there might have been one that wasn't messed with. And a lot of the weekdays. I hunted late season in an area that dogs were not allowed at all for deer and had zero there. Funny where there is zero dogs allowed for deer there are no "fox" hunters. Hmmmmm.........?????? LOL
Old 02-19-2008, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hokieman
Like your are doing on every post.
On dog chasing issues I respond. No new posts off-topic on non-hunting issues.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's right! All you would have to do is step out into the woods and wait for a pack to come running deer out everywhere.You guys must have a dog experience everytime you go out. It sure is funny- my friend and his family go every year to Virginia to stillhunt right in the middle of doghunting country and have NEVER had a dog experience. In fact, his dad bought a beagle/walker cross (they are also doghunters too).

Old 02-19-2008, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

I'm going to say every Sat all of bow & ML last year but there might have been one that wasn't messed with. And a lot of the weekdays. I hunted late season in an area that dogs were not allowed at all for deer and had zero there. Funny where there is zero dogs allowed for deer there are no "fox" hunters. Hmmmmm.........?????? LOL
As far as having no dog issues where you hunted late season I would hope not, since you state that there is no deer dog hunting allowed.

The whole thing with no fox hunters where there is no deer dog hunting could be very misleading to people if you choose not to disclose where you are hunting. If you were hunting in Fairfax or Prince William Counties (as examples) then I would expect that there are no fox hunters that run their to begin with. Due mostly to the part of the landscape being so cut up that it makes running hard, and the chances of loosing a dog on a roadway greatly increase in a enviroment like that. So that makes it very unrealistic that you would find a fox hunter there, besides I am unsure if the county regulations would allow for it as well.
Fox
Hunting With Dogs and Firearms
Season:
November 1-February 29. Closed in Albemarle, Clarke, Culpeper, Fauquier (except Quantico), Loudoun, Louisa, and Rappahannock counties.
Dogs May Not Be Used:
[ul][*]To hunt foxes during deer season
[ul][*]on the Gathright, Goshen, Highland and Little North Mountain Wildlife Management Areas and within the boundaries of the George Washington/Jefferson National Forests. [/ul][/ul]
Hunting With Dogs Only
Continuous open season statewide; closed February 1-October 31 on the George Washington/Jefferson National Forests and on Gathright, Goshen, G. Richard Thompson, Highland, Little North Mountain, and Rapidan WMAs.
Restrictions:
[ul][*]To have in possession a firearm when hunting fox outside of the dog and gun fox season. Possession shall include, but not be limited to, having any firearm in or on one's person, vehicle, or conveyance [/ul]
(taken from the VDGIF website)(dont want the copywrite police to get me!)

Now if you were hunting in a western county or a county with more rural setting then there could be a few reasons. First of all you stated it was still deer season, so why couldnt the fox hunters be deer hunting (either still hunting or hunting in another location where it is legal to use deer dogs).

Not all fox hunters (who use dogs) are deer dog hunters. There are some that strictly do one or the other.

I am not saying that there does not need to be some changes made to control the rogue hunters, I am saying that contrary to your opinion (which you are entitled to but it is opinion) that not everyone who uses a dog to chase fox or deer is a slob hunter. It just seems that you might be next to a group that has some issues, or maybe you just dont like it at all and think that if everyone doesnt hunt like you do then they are in the wrong?

Either way trying to bust apart the overall ranks of all hunters in VA is doing nothing but helping the Anti's, believe me there are alot of eyes on everyone and alot of groups laying in wait to strike.

Justin
Old 02-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

There was no dog hunting for deer and only deer on that piece, a state WMA. There is deer chasing allowed on the adjoining lands. But since it's late season and dog deer chasing is open elsewhere the doggers move onto other places. None of the deer chasing affects fox chasing but not a single "fox" chase going on. Why's that? One explanation is that the so called fox hounds don't exist but are in reality deer hounds using the fox loophole. But since there was legal chasing and shooting elsewhere they choose that instead. Now I bet once the shooting/chasing ends they start back chasing "foxes" there. I'll be scouting soon and I'll see then if I'm correct.

Also no need to post dog chasing rules and laws. I know them all too well by now.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

A statement made by the Legend Bob Kane -Bobby responded on another forum that and I quote " I exaggerated the number of non-hunters in VHDOA for effect." and He deliberately lied to House Ag Committe and present house members on January 30, 2008. what else has bobby lied about for effect.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

A statement made by the Legend Bob Kane -Bobby responded on another forum that and I quote " I exaggerated the number of non-hunters in VHDOA for effect." and He deliberately lied to House Ag Committe and present house members on January 30, 2008. what else has bobby lied about for effect.
Well if anyone was qualified to spot a lie you're my man for that job. Takes one to know one.

Quick Reply: Running Dogs In VA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.