Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Kentucky land lease Question

Old 11-26-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Kentucky land lease Question

I would like to know what is the best way to lease some land for 4 - 6 people to hunt in Kentucky. this could be for 1 week or maybe the whole season, this would be for 2008.
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Spike

Default RE: Kentucky land lease Question

What type of hunting are you looking for? (bow/rifle). Finding lease land for out of staters is very tough. Mostof the land is either already tied up, people are already hunting or do not allow hunting. With thereputation spreading about the deer herd, we are seeing more and more out of state pressure.This is creating some issues for in-state hunters. We have a few good public areas. Try going to kentuckyhunting.net andpost your request.I also have afriend getting ready to open his 2000 acre place to guided hunts. I will ask him what and when he will be ready to start booking hunts. I think his first few years will be very reasonable and may be what you are looking for. It may be that he can even offer a DIY hunt.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:13 PM

Default RE: Kentucky land lease Question

Finding the land just involves knocking on alot of farmers doors. Mending alot of fences, chasing alot of cows, dropping of country hams at Christmas time. My step father and I used to lease all of what is now the Rich Wildlife Area in Owen County. It was a very sad day when after 6 years he told us he was selling it. We couldnt afford the 7 figure price tag so we did the next best thing and worked hard to get the state to buy it. Here is the buck I killed during the Kleber/Rich Quota hunt this year.....did I mention that we own the 300 acres that border most all of Rich's eastern side, makes it alot easier to get places in the management area that would take others several hours to hike into.