Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

WHAT KINDA BEANS R THESE

Old 09-21-2007, 03:09 PM

Default WHAT KINDA BEANS R THESE

THEY LOOK LIKE BUTTER BEANS BUT THE PLANTS R LIKE 4FT TALL GROWING IN THE WILD?NE SUGGESTIONS SORRY NO PIC
Old 09-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: WHAT KINDA BEANS R THESE

Does the plant have yellow flowers.?? I fso probalby a jack in the box..The pods are about 2 inches long and look similiar to a sugar snap bean..if this is your plant.with yellow flowers up and down the main stem
Old 09-21-2007, 03:26 PM

think to light green nice lookin beans on the plants the whole field has them and no where else on that properety ive seen has ther theres a big bedding area on my right in some tall grass u can see where they been sleeping them beans r on my left. u think them deer r eating them beans?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Does the plant have yellow flowers.?? I fso probably a jack in the box..The pods are about 2 inches long and look similar to a sugar snap bean..if this is your plant.with yellow flowers up and down the main stem
Chuck what you're describing sounds like Crotalaria. If it's Crotalaria,1 pound will kill a 300 pound Steer!
Old 09-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like crotalaria to me to. Bigger, roundbean looking pod that is almost hollow with little seeds growing on the inside spine of the bean?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Chuck what you're describing sounds like Crotalaria. If it's Crotalaria,1 pound will kill a 300 pound Steer!
REbel Hog

Hey Reb...along with bird watching I try to identify the wild flowers and butterflies of Florida...A couple years ago I video taped about 75 differnt wild flowers in Polk County..Without a picture I'm really not sure of this man's flower..Teh plant I idnetified grows on the right hand side of the road...right before you cross the first bridge at the Green Swamp..Most flowers actually have a latin name.Jack in the Box is the nick name..I'm glad you told me about the danger of that plant. There is also another tall yellow flowered plant that grows along the wet ditches.Prim Rose Willow...and St. Andrew's Cross ..but of all those 3 Jack is the only one with bean pods.

This is also a great time of the year to see the Swamp Lily , Deer Tongue and Painted Brush.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

here's a pretty good site on plant images.....actually , it s a really good site, lol......[8D]

http://plants.ifas.ufl.edu/plants&animals.html
Old 09-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Huntnma

Great site..will be saved in my favorites
Old 09-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Dominant Buck

OK I apologize..the plant is called Rattle Box not Jack in the box..

notice the bean pods..

Old 10-09-2007, 07:20 PM

no thats not it never seen that plant b4 the one iam talking bout is light green

Quick Reply: WHAT KINDA BEANS R THESE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.