Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

a lil secret about crooms u might not know

Old 09-21-2007, 05:05 PM

Default RE: a lil secret about crooms u might not know

As for the Archery in Croom:
Does it mean the motorcycle area is open for Archery just during general gun? Or during all hunting seasons at croom? I have never been able to decipher the regs on this one. Help me out here Reb, you seem pretty proficient in the regulations.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: floridabucks

As for the Archery in Croom:
Does it mean the motorcycle area is open for Archery just during general gun? Or during all hunting seasons at croom? I have never been able to decipher the regs on this one. Help me out here Reb, you seem pretty proficient in the regulations.
Mike open this upCroom, go to Map, look what it says on the map legend for the Motorcycle Area...........Archery Only! The state of FL does not consider Cross Bows as Archery....
Old 09-21-2007, 06:02 PM

The state of FL does not consider Cross Bows as Archery....
Yeah I still get that.

I was wondering about when you could hunt in the motorcycle area. But now looking at the regs, I realize that it is only during general gun and that hunting the motorcycle area during muzzleloader is prohibited.

Thanks for the link though.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Mike..if you ever need a partner to go to Croom..I'd be glad to split the gas .....I've never been there and wouldn't mind exploring somethng new..same as Arbuncle..

I'd split the deer with ya if I got one. or hog.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: a Lil secret about crooms u might not know

ORIGINAL: florida bucks

The state of FL does not consider Cross Bows as Archery....
Yeah I still get that.

I was wondering about when you could hunt in the motorcycle area. But now looking at the regs, I realize that it is only during general gun and that hunting the motorcycle area during muzzleloader is prohibited.

Thanks for the link though.
Mike, the Motorcycle Area is Archery only no matter whatseason it is, Period!

Background Report
Survey Results and Staff Recommendation

[/align]January 25, 2005

[/align]The question of allowing cross
Expanded Use of Crossbows for Hunting

[/align]Crossbows[/b] during muzzleloading gun season was reviewed at the September 2004 Commission meeting. During that review, staff reported that there was inadequate information regarding the attitudes of Florida hunters on this issue. As a result, the Commision directed staff to complete a survey of Florida hunters to determine their preferences regarding expanded use of crossbows[/b]. The purpose of this report is to present the results of this survey and provide other background information to support further discussion of this issue. A telephone survey was completed during November of 2004 through a contract with the Florida Government Performance Survey Research Center in the College of Communication at Florida State University. A total of 418 individuals were surveyed from a random sample of licensed hunters focusing on those who had hunted deer in Florida during the past three years. This sample size provided an error rate of plus or minus 5%. The survey results provided insight into current ownership and use of crossbows[/b] in Florida. In the total sample, 7% indicated they owned a crossbow, and 2% indicated they had used a crossbow to hunt deer in Florida during the past 3 years. For comparison, 95% had used a modern firearm, and 60% had used archery equipment during the past 3 years.

[/align]WMAs and Other Public Lands:

[/align]Survey questions were developed to ascertain preferences of licensed Florida

[/align]hunters relative to use of crossbows[/b] on WMAs and other public lands. Of those who

[/align]completed the survey and expressed an opinion, 45% favored a change to allow

[/align]crossbows[/b] during archery season and 44% favored a change to allow crossbows[/b]

[/align]during muzzleloading gun season on WMAs or other public lands.

[/align]Private Lands:

[/align]Licensed hunters in the total sample were asked about their preferences relative to

[/align]use of crossbows[/b] on private lands. Of those who completed the survey and

[/align]expressed an opinion, 51% favored a change to allow use of crossbows[/b] during

[/align]archery season, and 52% favored a change to allow use of crossbows[/b] during

[/align]muzzleloading gun season.

[/align]Survey results were analyzed to determine preferences of just those licensed

[/align]hunters who indicated they had hunted on private lands during the past 3 years

[/align](74% of the total sample; error rate plus or minus 6%). Of those who expressed

[/align]an opinion, 53% favored a change to allow use of crossbows[/b] during archery or

[/align]muzzleloading gun season on private lands.

New Crossbow Season Gives Hunters More Opportunity

Crossbow hunters and bowhunters will be happy to know the new crossbow season is just around the corner.
The new season, established for this year, provides additional opportunities for hunters wishing to use crossbows. It also lengthens the overall hunting season and extends the number of days conventional bowhunters can use their bows, since bows now are legal for taking game during all hunting seasons.
The added season is limited to private lands and restricts harvest to bucks only. Crossbow season does not apply to wildlife management areas.
The season is between the archery season and muzzleloading gun season in the South and Central hunting zones. Crossbow season lasts five days and runs Oct. 9-13 in the South Hunting Zone and Oct. 23-27 in the Central Zone.
In the Northwest Hunting Zone, the season runs one week: from the Monday following Thanksgiving (Nov. 27) through Dec. 3.
The most common game to take during crossbow season are deer, wild hogs and bearded turkeys.

[/align][/b]
Old 09-21-2007, 07:54 PM

Reb,
I understand that crossbow is not allowed at Croom or WMA's period. We are chasing each other in circles here. I was previously commenting on what dates we could archery hunt (with bow and arrow) in th emotorcycle area at croom. Everyone understands that you can not use a crossbow.

I have a lot of respect for you and your opinions/comments voiced on this site. But for goodness sakes, please stop kicking a dead horse. I'm not sure if you are being misguidingly helpful, or stubborn as all heck, but lets both just drop this conversation before losing respect for one another.

Perhaps I could have chosen better words to show you that I understand...maybe its just hard for us to geta point across over the computer on this.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:56 PM

Chuck,
I would definitely be up for that. Lets try something later on in the season... I know we both have spots we have scouted to focus on now, but we can definitely go somewhere out soon.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: floridabucks

Perhaps I could have chosen better words to show you that I understand...maybe its just hard for us to geta point across over the computer on this.

Hey bro, I finally see where you are coming from!I have been researching Archery dates for Croom on the Motorcycle Area for the last hour and cannot find anything!I guess it's a call-in...
Old 09-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I thought this was a Mississippi State thread when I opened it.........
Old 09-21-2007, 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

I thought this was a Mississippi State thread when I opened it.........
You want in on this too?

Quick Reply: a lil secret about crooms u might not know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.