Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

New Bass Pro Shops nearly finished in Alabama

Old 06-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Bass Pro Shops nearly finished in Alabama

The BPS is nearly finished in Pratteville AL. It's set to open around the first week of August. Now we need a Cabelas and we can go to the store and see all the goodies that we now only get to see in the catalogs. Any other Alabama folks ready for some fun.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:27 PM

Default RE: New Bass Pro Shops nearly finished in Alabama

Can't wait for the bass pro to open in Leeds, Al.. Thay are going to start it within the next couple of months.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:41 AM

Don't Forget about your local sporting goods store.
Local businesses are crushed by big chains. the local business puts all the money spent from the community back into the local economy. Wally world and other big places takes money out of your community and sends it somewere else. Plus supports china made items.
Buy USA whenever posible and buy from a local small business.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: daleh

Don't Forget about your local sporting goods store.
Local businesses are crushed by big chains. the local business puts all the money spent from the community back into the local economy. Wally world and other big places takes money out of your community and sends it some were else. Plus supports china made items.
Buy USA whenever posible and buy from a local small business.
I can not find a local sporting goods store that will keep deer hunting stuff out all year. They will not keep it in stock until sept. I like to by my hunting stuff all year long so I will not have to put out alot of money at the start of the season. I will not by any thing from Marks outdoors, and if you live in Alabama most likely you will knowwhere that is. I would love to find a "local sporting goods store" that is close by that I con get the stuff that I need.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I went to alarge,local owned and operated sporting goods store last fall and bought a box of Hornady .243 for my grandsons rifle. I put a $50 on the counter and got back about $8 in change. He said that all ammunition had gone up, so I paid and left. A couple of weeks later I went to the Bass Pro in Destin, Florida and got another box of identical ammunition for about $21. That is my problem with local owned and operated businesses.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:53 PM

I'll support them all that I can...but I've got a family to support first and formost, and If I'm paying double for my hunting supplys then that is only hurting me.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:41 PM

I started using a local shop when we first moved up here. They can usually beat BPS or Cabela's on price. I buy most of my ammo from them as well. Best of all, I never hear "We don't carry that".