Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Flordia Youth Hunts

Old 06-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default Flordia Youth Hunts

Can anyone tell me if Flordia has a Youth hunt license and dates for turkey. My son is 8 years old and we are thinking about a turkey hunt in the sun shine state. Thanks and good hunting.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Flordia Youth Hunts

you can look at MYFWC.COM , they'll have all the answers you may need.....go to hunting, then under quota hunts, you'll see family hunting ops.........
i thought i had heard aboutcamp blanding...doing a youth hunt, but i'm waiting on a return call to verify....
Florida just changed the laws on the hunter safety course for youngin's...used to be that anyone born after June of 75 had to take and pass the course before they were allowed to hunt, but now they have a trial basis....anyone born after june 75 can hunt up to a year without getting the course taken, if they want to continue.....really dont know what the rules state , if they state anything at all for out of state youth..so check the rules as well..each W.M.A. has the state guidelines and then they have their owns rules and regs...so make sure you know them for the area you'll be hunting as well.....
Old 06-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Typical Buck

huntnma, thanks for the information it will help me out a great deal. my son is going to be attempting the grand slam in turkey hunting with a bow.'
Good hunting.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Some WMA's a son/daughter can hunt on as exempt with the parent as long as the parent has a quota permit. But you can not go over the quota bag limit, which will be 1 turkey. You should also check and make sure this applies to no-residents too. You can always buy your wife a hunt license and apply for a quota, which would be transferrable and both you and your son can hunt. Some areas give out "daily" quota permits, which you both can hunt. Green Swamp WMA gives out 200 daily permits and there is pretty good turkey population. You could camp there also. Hope this helps.