Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Lawton, Oklahoma Archery Range and Shop?

Old 02-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default Lawton, Oklahoma Archery Range and Shop?

I have been toying with the notion of building an archery shop at my farms which would include and indoor and outdoor archery range. Both would have 3d targets and the outdoor would have an elevated platform for practicing shooting out of a stand scenerio.

My question is do you think there is a market for this type of buisiness in the Lawton area. Currently there is only 1 other archery shop here that has a small indoor range.

Any information would be good to hear.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Lawton, Oklahoma Archery Range and Shop?

I would be interested if I still lived in lawton. Why not build it up here in OKC
Old 02-20-2007, 06:08 AM

"My question is do you think there is a market for this type of buisiness in the Lawton area."

i'm not surethere areenough bow hunters in the Lawton area to support a large archery range.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:15 PM

I am guessing he has land in Lawton which is why he is considering it in lawton. I think if you had a high quality outdoor range that hunters could use to simulate an actual hunting environment you would attract bow hunters even from the OKC area. I know once I do get a bow and actually have time to practice and such I'd be willing to drive down their for a quality setup. I do have access to a small bit of land where I can go shoot a gun or bow but it's quite a drive to the NW part of oklahoma.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

okchunter is right about us having land down there, but in addition my wife and I are thinking about moving back (home) to the Lawton area. Alsagr has the same thoughts I have. I know there are bow hunters out there I just don't know how many! My original intent for this is basically a place for me to shoot! If I did this I would use me as the target audience, and fill the need for a quality outdoor range that simulated hunting as close as possible, and a nice indoor range with possibly a TechnoHunter if money permitted.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Did you go to school in Lawton??

If you build it I will come!

I have been looking for an archery range here in the city but all i can come up with is Trosper. If I had nights off I would love to join so I could do the shoots during the week. I just need somewhere that is inexpensive and fun.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

I graduated from Eisenhower in 97
Old 02-22-2007, 12:50 AM
Typical Buck

I graduated from macarthur in 99. My step brother would have graduated from eisenhower in 98 i believe, but he moved to our end of town.

Did you happen to get the name of the taxidermist you had mentioned in another post