Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Mexico Last Year and this Year

Old 01-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mexico Last Year and this Year

Last year I had an oppurtunity to go to Mexico to get my first white tail buck. Needless to say I was excited as heck and went to Mexico. I only had one day to hunt so we did the best we could all day and these are some of the pics that were taken. The animals arent as small as they look, I'm just 6 foot 7 and tend to dwarf things slighty .

Anyways, I got the call again this year to come for a management hunt and so If all goes well I will be heading to Mexico again this weekend to do a little hunting over a 1.5 day period. I will get pictures and hopefully some video if I am fortunate enough to see as much this time as I did last time.

In case yall havent noticed, thereare a tremendous amount of does on the land. There are WAAAAY to many but either the land owner or the goverment, cant remember which, wont let us harvest any does. Should be fun to get rid of the cull deer though and take a few javalinas (spelling?) and coyotes whileI'm at it.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Spike

Default RE: Mexico Last Year and this Year

Wow looks like it was a great day indeed.
Congrats on the success.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Wow! You did great! Very nice Deer, but I don't like them little stinky rooters!
Old 01-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, the little"piggies" are running amock down on their land. I shot the one right in the middle of his family pack but the family scuddledmaybe 10 feet away then came right back in less than 30 seconds and started eating right next to where he was laying.There was probably4-5 jav'sall eating within 2-3 feet of him less than a minute after he was shot. The rancher said earilier that day to shoot all Jav's that we see so the rest of the evening was pretty fun. I was told buzards swarmed the property for 2 days after we left and it appeared we didnt even make a dent in the jav's population numbers on the property. Those things breed like crazy!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

YEAH AN DTHOSE JAVILINAS ARE SOME MEAN LITTLE SUCKERS. i HAVE HAD A FEW INTERESTING RUN INS WITH A FEW AND MY STEP DAD GOT CHASED BACK TO HIS STAND AFTER SHOOTING ONE. jUST LIKE YOU SAID, YOU SHOOT ONE AND THE OTHERS DONT SEEM TO MIND THEY JUST GO RIGHT BACK TO EATING.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Typical Buck

Little black bastards!!![:@]I have hunted on a friends land in Uvalde for about 3 years and they are destroying everything. Each one of us ther hunting would kill atleats 2 a piece while hunting.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Javalina's are big stinkin rats!When they can't see you or are scared they start popping their jaws! Gives great white hunters incentive to climb anything,but they are just scared or confused themselves doing that! If you can (I stress CAN) catch one when it's little you can raise them and they can be decent pets!Best of luck getting one clear of momma pecary!
Old 01-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

killed a bunch of them this weekend. here is a video of 2 being shot this past weekend. If you watch the clip long enough, a decent buck steps out at the end of the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLt38AKwLnE