Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Gear Checklist and qurstions for new FL Hunter.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Gear Checklist and qurstions for new FL Hunter.

Timber..I'll have to try those therma cells out.

Yeah i allways wondered what folks did in FL because its so hot. I cant find any place on a superpages search that proccess game. It's hard to mess one up. You can just cut around the bone while it is hanging. You cut across the grain when cutting steaks. Piece of cake man..I will admit i have a lazy side and would much rather pick it up in little white packages than have to spend an afternoon doing it myself in the kitchen. Its worth the extra money do have someone else do it.

I keep and breed snakes in my house. I have quite a few that are Wild Caught. I have a real good idea of finding snakes in the outdoors, but i am usally watching the ground with the tools made for the job. My snake hook, ripping hook, and my tongs.I wont be if i am hunting and feel snake boots would give me that sense of protection. I can see where rubber boots would come in real handy for treking thru swampy land. But they cant be very comfortable,I like my La Crosse. Actually another member oin here bought me a pair. I love them and havezero complaints.I wear thick socks and they are very comfortable. The ones at almart are a rip off. They may be good for 2 hunts.LOLand i bet your feet really sweat. not at all my friend.

When they designate an area as still huntonly i figured that meant sitting in a stand. Is it ok to stalk in a still hunt only area?Or is that just something you practice on the way to the stand. usually it means no dog hunting. Our WMA will either say still hunt or dogs allowed. Still hunt only means no dogs.

I have little to no desire to hunt from a tree stand. Never did like climbing trees. Cant imagine trying to do it while hunting. Maybe if i had a ladder and a platform LOL. Alot of hunters buy a 16 foot ladder stand .They are actually safer and about 100.00 cheaper. I like the climber...I can hunt the wind that way. If i had a ladder I'm pretty much stuck from moving.

This one is only 79.00 from Cabelas

Pine Ridge 15-ft. Ladder Stand

Old 01-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Gear Checklist and qurstions for new FL Hunter.

Thermacell for the skeeters...
Timber

Timber..I've seen those at Walmart.. Can you explain to me really easy how to use them.Since I have asthma I was worried the smoke might make me cough or start wheezing. Do you just buy a holder and stick a thera cell in one and light it up with a match?
C7