Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Cutaneous Fibromas

Old 12-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default Cutaneous Fibromas

Hello, I'm from Virginia and I killed a buck monday that had what looked like big moles or warts all over his face, neck and legs. some were huge and pretty nasty to look at. After research online I discovered that it is called Cutaneous Fibromas, I took pictures of my deer, and this is the first time I've seen anything like this on a deer in my life. Anyone else ever seen thesegrowths on deer?
Old 12-13-2006, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cutaneous Fibromas

Interesting, let's see some pics. I shot a doe about three weeks ago that possibly had one or two of the spots you speak about.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Pearl Jam

Hello, I'm from Virginia and I killed a buck monday that had what looked like big moles or warts all over his face, neck and legs. some were huge and pretty nasty to look at. After research online I discovered that it is called Cutaneous Fibromas, I took pictures of my deer, and this is the first time I've seen anything like this on a deer in my life. Anyone else ever seen thesegrowths on deer?
Yea, get us some pics.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Pearl Jam

Do you hunt near a Nuclear Power Plant?
Old 12-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

This picture shows one clearly by his eye. he had several right under his mouth, another one on his other eye area, and one huge one behind his left ear. He also had several on his legs and throughout his fur
Old 12-20-2006, 09:41 PM

Ive seen several with that virus only one more severe than that one.Most deer will get that after a while it gets out of their system and goes away.