Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Rome Ga.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Spike

Default RE: Rome Ga.

ORIGINAL: childers

if you go to rome theres black bear also but i would say move to paulding and its close to me lol
What part of Paulding you in i used to live in New Ga and my Wife is from Paulding County.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why is the property so cheap there? It seems like the cheepest area in Ga.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Spike

Floyd and Bartow are still priced pretty cheap . Biggest reason Floyd is so cheap is because of its lack of a major interstate and quick means of comute to Atlanta where most of the population works.

A trip from Rome to Atlanta would be 60+ miles one way and 1hr and 15 mins to 1hr and a half. Thats mostly because the trip requires driving down two lane roads with low speed limits. There is allways 411 but it can get pretty congested.

I dont know what part of the country you are in but property prices in Ga are really cheap compared to where i live in FL. In Ga i rented a 3 bedroom 2 bath with full basement on 9 acres and no pet or livestock restrictions for 600 a month. I currently pay close to a 1000 a month here in Fl for a 3 bedroom 2 bath and my yards are only 70x100 and 70x40, and no livestock.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Rome isn't bad but it's experiencing a good bit of population growth. There is a lot of pretty country up there. It's just a little larger than Carrollton where I live. Only difference is Carrollton is having some rapid growth right now. Were just the next stop on I20 I guess. If I were moving out this way I would also check out Tallaposa or Breman. Two small little sleepy towns in Harralson Co.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: bigpapa

Rome isn't bad but it's experiencing a good bit of population growth. There is a lot of pretty country up there. It's just a little larger than Carrollton where I live. Only difference is Carrollton is having some rapid growth right now. Were just the next stop on I20 I guess. If I were moving out this way I would also check out Tallaposa or Breman. Two small little sleepy towns in Harralson Co.
I agree completly I use to live in Tallapoosa.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

In fact my wife and I have thought about leaving Carrollton and moving up to Tallapoosa in the next few years. I have a friend who just moved there and he loves it. Says it's nice and queit with down home people all around.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Spike

Yeah i really liked living in Tallapoosa. You got to try the sausage they make over at the piggly wiggly in town. Its just the round patties man i still miss those. You cruize right over to the Talladega NF and spend hours driving the roads back there and fishing.

Speaking of fishing you can park on the side of the road next to that little Treatment plant and fish the Tallapoosa (Might be the little Tallapoosa cant remember) right there. I caught a monster Rainbow Trout there one time. I couldnt believe it and dont know how he got that far down river its just too warm down there i would have thought.

Now i am home sick LOL