Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Help.. Benefit Shoot 11/25/2006

Old 11-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Help.. Benefit Shoot 11/25/2006

As most of you know I run a club in the Fredericksburg VA area. A few of you from the board have either joined, seen or are coming as guests this year.

I am writing to ask for some help from you all of you guys.

We have two brothers who are members who are in need. Their mother has been terribly ill the last few months, in and out of the hospital and all kinds of testing and treatments and such. Well Last week the guys were told my the Dr. That their mother only had approx 1 month to live. They said the best thing for her was to go home and be comfortable with her loved ones as there was not much they could do for her in the hospital.

So she is at home and being cared for around the clock by the boys and a rotataing staff of home nurses.

The problem is that her insurance is not covering this so they are fitting the bill out of their pocket. The nursing staff and medicines are far from cheap and these boys are not made out of money.

We are going to try to help them out but we need all the help we can get.

We are holding a benefit Turkey Shoot on November 25th 2006 starting at 7:00 pm. There will be tons of meat prizes ranging from hams, slab bacon, whole pork loins, various seafood, suasage, pork chops, ribs, turkeys etc.. We are also workign on some gift cards to maybe Gander Mountain or some other sporting goods stores. We will also have several jackpot rounds where the winner takes 75% of the money collected for that round. Finally we are shooting off a brand new Remington 870 3 or 3 1/2 inch shotgun (we are waiting to see which one will be available to us).

We will have a kitchen with various food and drinks as well.

Meat rounds are $3.00 a shot and jackpot rounds are $5.00 a shot. The round for the Remington will be $20.00 a shot which is a great price for a brand new in the box shotgun.

All guns will be checked to make sure everyone is shooting a legal gun. The choke limit is .677 I believe, I will double check that and confirm tomorrow evening. Open sights only, no scopes.

This will be rain or shine or snow (lol I wish ) as you shoot from inside a encolsed shooting lane so no standing in the elements.

I hope that you guys can find it in your hearts to help out a couple of fellow hunters who are coping with this situation and the financial burden is places on them on top the emotional one of knowing your loosing your parent.

The club number is 540-775-7330 and my number is 540-379-9299. If you would like to come out and help us then please give me a call and I can answer any further questions and give you directions.

Also look at it as another way to not only help someone and have some great fun and win some nice prizes doing it, but being able to put a face with some of the names on this board. VaSavage270 (Dave) will be working the shoot that night along with myself and I believe I already have one more member from here that is probably coming although he hasnt confirmed yet.

Guys I would love to see you all and I know the boys would be more thankful than you can imagine for the help and support from those of you that make it.

By the way, we do hold a turkey shoot every Saturday night until late Feb or so so feel free to come as often as you wish but if you only can come down once make it for this night and help these boys out.

Thanks for your time and consideration reading this and I hope you all can make it.

Justin Reid
VP Potomac Hunt Club
Old 11-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help.. Benefit Shoot 11/25/2006

You said that you elected me to work?[:@]LoL must be after we pull all my deer out the woodsplus it's doe day that weekend so you know it will be a long day.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help.. Benefit Shoot 11/25/2006

That is your scheduled day.. the days I work remember ? lmao.... and yes you will be helping me pull my monster out the woods lmao... give me a call I waited around for you to show up this evening before i went to my stand...