Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida: Aucilla WMA hog hunt

Old 10-24-2006, 10:58 AM

Default Florida: Aucilla WMA hog hunt

hello FL hunters, I have quota muzzleloader and general gun permits to hunt in Aucilla WMA and am thinking of killing some hogs there. Could you please show me some locations to find hogs. I did some scouting on the area at the end of the deadend improved road near some private property on Western Sloughs, found some does but no signs of hogs. Thanks alot khuengo
Old 10-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Florida: Aucilla WMA hog hunt

ORIGINAL: khue ngo

hello FL hunters, I have quota muzzleloader and general gun permits to hunt in Aucilla WMA and am thinking of killing some hogs there. Could you please show me some locations to find hogs. I did some scouting on the area at the end of the deadend improved road near some private property on Western Sloughs, found some does but no signs of hogs. Thanks a lot khue ngo

Khuengo, I hunted Aucilla for many years before they made all the changes. It use to include all ofWakaulla, Jefferson and Taylor counties. Now the best part of it is called Flint Rock and they charge you $200. I use to camp at the ST. Marks camp grounds when it was run by the FL Forrestry Service, now it's run by the Wakaulla Parks Dept.

When I hunted Aucilla WMA, I ran Hog Dogs and the area for that use to be on theEast sideof 98 only. Now, if you are not running dogs, get close to the Gulf Side of the MA no matter what county. All three counties have Black Bears so be careful. I like to run the dogs in Jefferson county cause it's the only County in FL that is from the Georgia line to the Gulf of Mexico and had the most deer, but Taylor County (Perry) also produced many hogs also. The most hogs we had in the pick up in one day were 6 nice hogs and two 8pt bucks.

Hey I haven't been since 1997, but hunted it for 7yrs.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:08 PM

Thanks Rebel Hog for your informative inputs. You killed 6 hogs and 2 bucks in one day. What a hunter. My goal for this season (my 2nd one) is either one hog or one deer but still could not fulfill it.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: khuengo

You killed 6 hogs and 2 bucks in one day.
No NO, between three of us!