Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Any Oklahoma hunters on here?

Old 10-27-2006, 09:41 PM

Default RE: Any Oklahoma hunters on here?

Lived in Sallisaw from 89 - 94 then joined the military. I hang my hat in Alaska now, but recently returned to Oklahoma (Edmond) for a few years. Havn't been out yet this year...still trying to get settled in. Will try my luck at some of the WMAs in the area, maybe afar as well. Dad and I used to hunt the Ouachitas...probably will run out there at some point.

Anyone know of good public land to hunt sandhill cranes?
Old 10-28-2006, 02:20 PM

I recently moved to the lake after being out of state since '92. I was hoping to find someone to hunt with here and hopefully find enough people to get a good family lease that I could hunt with my kids and some good hunting partners. I was in a lease for 7 years in Louisiana and we owned a camp on the lease. There is nothing like having the family for a week or two at deer camp.

The big problem I have found here is finding a lease to join or not having enough people to start one. I found a place in the SE part of the state but at $6.00/acre for 2000 acres it is pretty steep to go into by myself.

I have a day lease hunt scheduled for the 25-27th of Nov. south of Waurika. I work offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and that is where i am currently at.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, anyone familiar with McCurtain County? I think it borders the Ouchita Nat Forrest. A buddy of mine is in the military and he's moving there in the next couple months...just wonderin what the deer huntin is like out there. Stay safe & God Bless.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:26 PM

Coming from SE Texas for my first deer hunt up there this year. I will hunting in Grant and Kay counties. Anybody else hunting up there? I usually come up and pheasant hunt around christmas, but the in-laws wanted me to come early and hunt deer this year. Anybody got any suggestions on what type of deer activity will be going on up there the first week of rifle season? I am assuming they are probably in the pre-rut right, so they my be coming out of the rut by then?
Old 11-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in NW part about 25 miles SW of Enid. Had a really good season so far.
A 135ish gross 210# ten pt. on the 6th, 125# and 134# does, and a 178# 8pt on opening day of black powder. I scored him 102 gross. Not a monster, but a real nice buck.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Spike

Another NW Oklahoma guy here.Grew up in Waynoka, but now live in Kansas. Had a good opener for black powder. Shota nice 11 point on Saturday, and my cousin took a good 10 point Sunday morning. Good luck Okies,
Old 11-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Spike

I spent several years in Lawton & miss the hunting around there but am glad I moved to T town where there are so many WMAs within 45 minutes to an hour. I wish everyone a good hunt and hope the deer are moving with this cooler weather.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

I live in OKC, I have been hunting public lands mostly. I hunted Lexington a few time, which I think was a waste of time. There are some strange characters out there. Mostly I have been hunting Altus-Lugert out by Lone Wolf, I havent got a shot off yet, but I had agoodbuck10 yards to my left while I was in my ground blind....talk about getting the blood pumping. Im new to bow hunting so as I scrambled to get an arrow knocked and drawn he walked out about 40-50 yds and into some brush. Next time Ill be ready!! Anyone have any luck out on public lands? Next year Im going to try and find a lease. If anyone is looking to go in on a lease drop me a line.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:50 PM

Got this guy on 12 November on Ft. Sill. Inside spread of 21 inches. Tried to post on another thread but blew it.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:50 PM

Try again.

Quick Reply: Any Oklahoma hunters on here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.