Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Muzzleloader Season Looking To Be Good

Old 10-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Spike

Default Muzzleloader Season Looking To Be Good

After Bow hunting/scouting the Keystone Wildlife Management Area along the Cimarronarmin Oklahoma, muzzleloader season looks to be in the bag still a week away. Friday night had a small buck come with in 8 yards,and saw 3 does. Then Saturday evening saw 4 does and one nice eight pointer along the alfalfa fields. Has anyone else be out to Keystone? Or how about some reports from the rest of the state.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:24 AM

Default RE: Muzzleloader Season Looking To Be Good

Mr. FishHead,

I'm hunitng west of Stillwater and haven't been seeing any rutting activity yet. I've been consistently seeing 3 smaller bucks with absolutely no response to the gut call. I've hunted keystone several times.(last year and year before) It seems like a pretty decent area.

Oh before I forget, Did you finish your Fisheries assignment yet? Haha. I found you!

Old 10-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Spike

Let me guess you are hunting off a wheat field near LCB. You got me! Hey man you will never believe what the west side of the road likes out there. 3 or 4 huge alfalfa field and one small one. I walked about a hundred or so yards and got to the clearing and thought I had been through a wormhole to Illinois or someplace. I'll give you the detail tomorrow. And yeah I did finish the Fisheries assignment, after hunting of course.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:27 AM

Fishhead, what part of the Keystone WMA do you hunt? I've been up there a few times around the Blackburn area. A neighbor introduced me to it a couple of years ago. I like it up there. I haven't been able to make it out there this year though. Is it usually busy during blackpowder?
Old 10-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Spike

okiemal- I usually go out around Oilton, but have been wanting to go out near Blackburn where 99 meets 64 just east of Cleveland Lake. Let me know what you see when you make out there.Like most public lakes and lands weekdays are the time to go if you can. This past weekend I hadone other guy out there with his kid and he went on one side of the road and I had the other side all to myself on Friday night, but then Sat. night I got out there early and saw two guys and their boys, then three other groups showed up later. Lucky theystayed away frommy location, and then last night there was only one other guy out there with me. So it is kinda a hit and miss but usually the weekdays hardly anyone is out there. I will usualy try and talk to anyone I see before entering the area to make sure I know where they will be and they know the area I plan on hunting.